Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 09-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default More ASUS P565 Rumors & Specs Appear

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/...-gets-detailed/

"Nothing is quite official about this ASUS phone just yet, but the current speculation is that it's actually the ASUS P565 and, judging from some newly-detailed specs, it looks like it shouldn't have much trouble attracting its share of interest. Leading the way is a speedy 800MHz Marvell Tavor processor (apparently a first for any phone), and a still relatively uncommon 2.8-inch VGA screen, which should go nicely with the VGA camera for video conferencing (you'll get 3-megapixels for still mages). Otherwise, you can expect European HSDPA connectivity, built-in GPS, a 1300mAh battery that promises 3.5 hours of 3G talk time, and Windows Mobile 6.1 for an OS (with ASUS' Glide software on top of it), of course."

While nothing is incrediably wow-ing about this ASUS offering (although the VGA screen is a nice touch over the dated QVGA we've seen OEMs continue to peddle), it does do my heart good to see that GPS is somewhat of a standard feature now. And 3 MP+ cameras are a nice addition too. Who knows, within a few years, perhaps a Windows Mobile device will wow us again!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
TOCA
Intellectual

Well, maybe it is not totaly out there with all its features being new and innovative, but hey, the 624MHz barrier looks like it's finaly broken, which has to count for some thing?

I had to raise both my eyebrows when I saw it

Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Muntasser
Intellectual

*Yawn*

Yet another boring device... but the 800mhz is a step in the right direction/. If its reasonably slim I imagine it wont do too bad.

With a bit more leeway for thickness, this phone could be awesome with a vertical slider, qwerty hidden below.

Last edited by Muntasser; 09-30-2008 at 02:36 PM..