Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default DataViz Announces Documents To Go For Windows Mobile

http://www.dataviz.com/news/press/p...ail.html?id=185

"DataViz®, Inc., leading provider of Office compatibility solutions in its 25th year in business, today (Aug 25, 2007) announced the availability of its flagship mobile office suite Documents To Go® Premium Edition 3.0 for devices running Microsoft® Windows Mobile 6.x Professional and 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition. Already available for Windows Mobile Standard, BlackBerry, Symbian and Palm OS, Documents To Go, will now allow users of Windows Mobile Pocket PC devices to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® files (Windows: Office 97 - 2007, Mac: Office 98-2008) as well as view PDF files on their devices and in their native formats."

As noted, the non-touch-screen devices already had this available, and now it is available for the Pocket PC/Pro crowd. If you think the included versions of Excel, Word and PowerPoint aren't powerful enough for you, you should give the DataVis product a shot. There is a free trial, and you can buy it for $29.99 at the Pocket PC Thoughts Affiliate store. It requires Windows Mobile 5 or higher and runs on just about every screen resolution out there.

Last edited by Ed Hansberry; 09-26-2008 at 01:53 AM..

Old 09-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Bad Dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
<em>"DataViz&reg;, Inc., leading provider of Office compatibility solutions in its 25th year in business, today</em> (Aug 25, 2007) <em>announced the availability of its flagship mobile office suite Documents To Go&reg; Premium Edition 3.0 for devices running Microsoft&reg; Windows Mobile 6.x Professional and 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition.</em>
That announcement date seemed wrong. I checked the site and it's really August 27, 2008.

I don't know that it matters, but if anybody else is wondering, there you go.

Also, Documents To Go comes standard on Motorola Q9 devices, replacing Microsoft's Office Mobile.

Steve

Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Yup. Minor typo on my part.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:17 AM
juttonn
Pupil
Default Docs to Go vs SoftMaker?

I have used the SoftMaker apps for Word and Excel replacement and have been pleased. I haven't upgrade for a while and see that SoftMaker now has a Presentation app as well. Does anyone know how the SoftMaker office apps compare with Documents to Go's office?

Thanks

Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
follick
Ponderer

SoftMaker addressed that here.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Insulting The Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by follick View Post
SoftMaker addressed that here.
Wow, they were rather insulting toward the competition. When I worked at IBM, we were taught to address our strengths, not trash the competition. Feature comparisons might be fair, but saying "I wouldn't spend money on it" or calling it a "toy" seems a bit much.

Steve

Tags
dataviz, documents to go