Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Would You Buy Software In A Bundle?

http://www.modaco.com/content/windo...-99-are-you-in/

"Life as a Windows Mobile developer is rather difficult, and in an effort to expand the ways that developers can offer their products to end users, I have been exploring the viability of a bundle offering. If you are a Mac user in particular, you will likely be familiar with the concept of bundles. In a nutshell, for a purchase price of around $49.99, you receive a selection of top applications at a massive discount. The Bundle.One project has been a considerable amount of time in planning and discussion but I am now at a stage where I need to solicit feedback from your guys to help test the viability of the bundle! Of course, the developers are offering their applications to the bundle at a considerable discount, so the success of the bundle is based on volumes of sales."

Would you be interested in buying software in a bundle like this? Visit the Modaco site to get more details on exactly what Bundle.One would include, then vote Yea or Nay in their poll

Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Bundled Software

Sure I'd buy software in a bundle. In fact, I've already done it from single developers, like the Ilium Essentials and Resco Media Suite bundles. As long as the applications that I'd want cost less in a bundle than they would individually, why not get the bundle?

By the way, Pocket PC Magazine already did this with their Best of Everything CDs. Unfortunately, as that link mentions, they didn't do one for 2008.

Steve

Old 09-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

I love software bundles and I'm sad more companies don't put them out. Granted they are usually an investment, but if these were programs you would buy regardless separately it just makes sense to buy them together to save some money.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:19 AM
juttonn
Pupil

I'm in the same boat. I'll buy software in bundles. I like it when the savings are such that it is worth the price for even 2 or 3 of the apps that I really want and am then able to explore and essentially get several more apps for free. I've come across some good apps that I wouldn't have purchased otherwise this way.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
gnad
Neophyte

Bundle and save is a great idea. Bundle sometimes cost less than 2 or more upgrades of the same developer, especially when they are on special. Bundles me in.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Twain
Ponderer

I would not buy software as a bundle unless I absolutely would have bought the applications individually. My experience of being offered bundles of anything is that there is typically one good (or great) item and the rest are not so good items I never would have given another glance.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 PM
bigmobilefan
Neophyte

I would like to buy in a bundle. As a long time pocket pc user, I feel software bundles gives you an option to try software you usually wouldn't have thought of or used.

Tags
modaco, software