Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Pre-Order the HTC Touch HD from Expansys

http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?...rtner=pthoughts

The super-wow-factor HTC Touch HD, with it's 3.8 inch 800 x 480 resolution screen, is the kind of device some of us have been waiting for. I just got a heads up from our affiliate partner Expansys that they're now accepting pre-orders for this device. There's no price yet, but your pre-order isn't binding in any way - you're just getting in line to get one of the first units that they receive. Come on, you know you want it... ;-)

Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM
wmm
Pupil

Yes, I do want it, but not at an unknown price and not without the AT&T 850 MHz 3G support...

I'll wait to see what AT&T does with it, if anything (as the most plausible "iPhone killer" to date, the answer is probably "nothing").

Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 PM
cab124
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm View Post
Yes, I do want it, but not at an unknown price and not without the AT&T 850 MHz 3G support...

I'll wait to see what AT&T does with it, if anything (as the most plausible "iPhone killer" to date, the answer is probably "nothing").
I just ordered one, but I was assuming that it would come with the 850 Mhz support. If it doesn't, I guess I will have to cancel. But this is definitely the device for me.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 PM
palur
Intellectual

Hi Jason,
Were you able to find out if if this has TV-OUT feature? Any chances it has USb host also?
Thank you

Old 09-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Ecks
Ponderer

I've been waiting for something like this for a while.
This just might make me return to winmo.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
TTown
Pupil

If they make this available on AT&T, Sprint and Verizon and price this comparable to the iphone, it will out sell the iphone. It won't kill the iphone, but Apple will take notice!

I hope they do make this widely available. The term "iphone killer" will go away and bring in a new era of "Touch Killer!"

Old 09-18-2008, 04:50 PM
TTown
Pupil

Jason,

Have you talked with your HTC contact about which US carriers will be picking up this phone and when?

Old 09-21-2008, 04:11 AM
jadesse
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm View Post

If this is supposed to be an iPhone killer then don't expect AT&T to start selling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab124 View Post
I just ordered one, but I was assuming that it would come with the 850 Mhz support. If it doesn't, I guess I will have to cancel. But this is definitely the device for me.
Why would you buy something if you are not even sure what you are ordering?