Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default 35% of Traveling Executives Prefer Their Blackberry Over Their Spouse

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=175183

Breitbart.tv has a short video clip of a local US news station showing that 35% of people prefer their Blackberry over their spouse in the bedroom. I am sure that percentage would be the same across all similar devices like the iPhone or a Windows Mobile device. That is just messed up.

Do you take your device to the bedroom, and if so, does the interaction with someone out there in the world somewhere take precedence over the relationship with the person just 6 inches away?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:32 AM
ajwalker
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to ajwalker Send a message via Skype™ to ajwalker

Sounds like 35% of the people should have made better choices in picking a spouse

Sad, just sad

Old 09-17-2008, 07:15 AM
wolfzell
Neophyte

Reminds me of a very old joke:

"Do you talk with your spouse after having sex?"

"Well, sometimes, if there is a phone around..."

bye
Wolfgang

Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfzell View Post
Reminds me of a very old joke:

"Do you talk with your spouse after having sex?"

"Well, sometimes, if there is a phone around..."

bye
Wolfgang
Wow. Let me know how sleeping on the couch tonight works out for you.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
ucfgrad93
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=175183' target='_blank'>http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=175183</a><br /><br /></div><p>Breitbart.tv has a short video clip of a local US news station showing that 35% of people prefer their Blackberry over their spouse in the bedroom. I am sure that percentage would be the same across all similar devices like the iPhone or a Windows Mobile device. That is just messed up.</p><p>Do you take your device to the bedroom, and if so, does the interaction with someone out there in the world somewhere take precedence over the relationship with the person just 6 inches away?</p>
Like you, I find this incredibly sad. My iPhone stays on my nightstand because I use it as an alarm clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwalker View Post
Sounds like 35% of the people should have made better choices in picking a spouse

Sad, just sad
Somehow, I don't think that is the problem. It is clearly an issue with the individual and not the spouse. A different spouse probably wouldn't change the responses.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Like you, I find this incredibly sad. My iPhone stays on my nightstand because I use it as an alarm clock.
I'd love to use my Windows Mobile phone as an alarm clock.

Unfortunately, it would mean disabling the sounds for email, SMS messages, the ringer, and other apps that routinely sound off for whatever reason, but because WinMo doesn't support profiles at all, I just mute the device at night, which, of course, renders alarms useless.

I presume the iPhone handles profiles.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:02 AM
ucfgrad93
Intellectual

Quote:

Unfortunately, it would mean disabling the sounds for email, SMS messages, the ringer, and other apps that routinely sound off for whatever reason, but because WinMo doesn't support profiles at all, I just mute the device at night, which, of course, renders alarms useless.

No, it doesn't do profiles that I'm aware of. I must not be as popular as you are! But I can turn off the ringer that way notifications don't sound, but the alarm will.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
No, it doesn't do profiles that I'm aware of. I must not be as popular as you are! But I can turn off the ringer that way notifications don't sound, but the alarm will.
I have a number of friends and groups that are located around the world, so a 2am message from them for me is at noon for them, plus I get a number of automated reports from our system at work, which cranks up around midnight.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

Quote:

If you want profiles, try SBSH phone weaver. Control profiles from today screen or automatic profiles that change based on time, appointment category or busy status, ect.

http://www.sbsh.net/product.php?id=28