Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zune 3.0 Microsoft Promotional Videos

<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eDgfpYPFO74' target='_blank'>http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eDgfpYPFO74</a><br /><br /></div><p>These videos are provided to the press by Microsoft for our use, and I'm sharing them here today because until September 16th rolls around, I can't shoot my own videos of this stuff. :-) These videos cover the following scenarios: Buy from FM, WiFi Features, MixView, and Zune Channels.</p><p><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="425" height="349" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDgfpYPFO74&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDgfpYPFO74&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></p>

Old 09-13-2008, 02:02 AM
cjaxx
Neophyte

Until they get the Marketplace in Canada, there's really nothing for me to get excited about here.
I just want to know if they fixed the gapless. It's the most important feature for me...

Old 09-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxx View Post
Until they get the Marketplace in Canada, there's really nothing for me to get excited about here.
Yeah, I hear you - it's pretty crazy there's still no Marketplace in Canada.

Quote:
I just want to know if they fixed the gapless. It's the most important feature for me...
Hmm. I didn't realize it was broken, but I don't listen to a lot of gapless music. What's wrong with it?

Old 09-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

In that same page they have some screenshots of the Zune 3.0 software. I found some cool UI changes. It seems like the "Dancing Pink Cloud" has been jazzed up, and we seem to be getting new backgrounds.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alber1690 View Post
In that same page they have some screenshots of the Zune 3.0 software. I found some cool UI changes. It seems like the "Dancing Pink Cloud" has been jazzed up, and we seem to be getting new backgrounds.
Yeah, so here's the funny thing: remember how we've complained here before that the "dancing pink cloud" was really lacklustre and not very...energertic? Guess what? It wasn't tied into the music in any way - it wasn't responding to the beat or waveform of the music, it was just...being a cloud. Haha. This new pink cloud is tied into the music, and that's why it looks so much cooler.

And there are two brand new backgrounds: Neuxe (which I love) and Zero.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Bobbyboy341
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post

Hmm. I didn't realize it was broken, but I don't listen to a lot of gapless music. What's wrong with it?
Gapless is great if you listen to a lot of live concert music or other material where the tracks run together(such as Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon). Zune currently is not gapless so you hear clicks or spaces in between tracks.

Apple has solved this...why not MS?

Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 PM
cjaxx
Neophyte

the Zune does have the gapless playback feature since the last upgrade, but it's imperfect. It cuts out a fraction of a second somewhere at the gap, which is enough to hear a jump in the music, especially if you're listening to dj mixes.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

the wi-fi-based channel (podcast) on-device (!!!) update sounds very cool. I'm looking forward to test it and accordingly update my multiplatform podcasting bible!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
the Zune does have the gapless playback feature since the last upgrade, but it's imperfect. It cuts out a fraction of a second..
Ah, ok, so they added it in 2.x but it wasn't quite right. Fair enough.