Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default Photos of Sprint's HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro Now at Engadget

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/...-touch-diamond/

"You know you love it, new Windows Mobile -- even new carrier is good enough for us -- hardware always gets us all thrilled and chirpy. Sprint's really blown it open today with the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro announcements, so to honor them we got our hands on the Touch diamond. We like this set, Sprint's version in red -- a well chosen, soft and kind red -- is no exception and while a bit husky, we expect it's going to be well accepted and will be finding its way into many pockets come September 14th. Sadly, the Touch Pro was absent at CTIA, but we'll do our best to dig it up before the show closes out. Enjoy the pics."

Yesterday, Sprint made the announcement about the coming HTC Touch Diamond and the HTC Touch Pro phones.  Today, Engadget Mobile has lots of shots of both devices so you can get a closer look.  One interesting observation Sean Cooper makes in the writeup about the Touch Pro: "The Diamond murders the Pro for total pocketability, sex appeal, and feel in the hand -- so you've really got to ask yourself just how badly you need that keyboard before you pull the trigger one way or another."  Interesting question.  I think my first reaction would be to go for the keyboard, but the included 4gb memory and smaller size make the Diamond an interesting consideration.  Check out the pictures for the Touch Diamond here.  If you had to choose between the two, which one would you lean toward?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:49 AM
randalllewis
Thinker

I tried to tip off the Pocket PC guys a few days ago that the unlocked US version of the Diamond is on the Best Buy website. Not available yet, but orders are being taken now. The BB model is the GSM version.

As to the answer to Paul's question: I used the Tilt for 30 days before migrating to the thinner Cruise and the much thinner Diamond. I liked the Tilt's keyboard and the Pro's is even better, but the phone is just too big for me. I have had my UK version of the Diamond since June and to this day, it still gets noticed by other people when I use it: people are always amazed at the size.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 PM
PdaAddict
Ponderer

I would like a smaller size device, such as Diamond, as I do not use the keyboard that often on my Mogul, but not having a microsd slot is a deal breaker for me. I would rather carry a larger device than be restricted by 4GB storage.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
burtcom
Intellectual

Perhaps in response to the Sprint announcement, Expansys has lowered their price of the Touch Pro a bit to $899.99 US

I'm so very tempted, but I'll try to wait until we can see what the Xperia X1 will be priced at

Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph

I have the Touch Pro - I had before the Touch Dual.

I understand the point about thickness - but I missed a proper keyboard with the Dual. The Pro is substantially smaller than the TyTnII I had previously, in length and width and marginally thinner. It is a pocketable device with a decent (though petite) keyboard, whereas the TyTn II was always a belt poch device.

I like My Pro! Nice to have WiFi, Radio and A-GPS too!