Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Windows Mobile 6 Available for Palm/Verizon Treo 700wx

http://www.palm.com/us/support/down...e6/verizon.html

Updater v1.24 is now available for the Palm/Verizon Treo 700wx. Wait, we know what you're thinking. Just an insignificant dot upgrade, right? Nope, not this time. v1.24 packs Windows Mobile 6 Professional. Yes, Windows Mobile 6 Professional for your two-year old device. Our hats off to Palm and Verizon for making this happen. And to all the other manufacturers and carriers reading this, take note. Users love OS upgrades, no matter how old the device. Seriously.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
tucker8235
Neophyte

Thanks so much for the info. I updated today. I have waited a long time for it. I was surprised there wasn't anyone talking about it. So far it has been much better than before, though there is still nothing like a blackberry

The update failed or said it did toward the end but the phone was already rebooting. Also, I wasn't able to reactivate with *228 but everything works anyways. Last time I called Verizon about the activation and we walked through it manually we didn't need to change anything. I was disappointed that I still cannot paste a phone number on the home screen. I have to go to the dial pad and it still doesn't recognize phone numbers on web pages. My Blackberry from 4 years ago did that.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:52 PM
feo
Ponderer

I updated too. The process was simple. Although I am not sure I should have done it. The phone lock-up tool does not work the same way. before I was able to unlock with my numeric code by just tapping teh numbers. Now I have to hold the shaded key to make each digit be a number. So it is not easy one hand operation anymore. I need to figure out a way to make it lock into numeric mode.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:11 PM
tucker8235
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by feo View Post
I updated too. The process was simple. Although I am not sure I should have done it. The phone lock-up tool does not work the same way. before I was able to unlock with my numeric code by just tapping teh numbers. Now I have to hold the shaded key to make each digit be a number. So it is not easy one hand operation anymore. I need to figure out a way to make it lock into numeric mode.
Yes, I noticed that this morning too. That is a shame to have lost that. Otherwise, everything else I am liking better.