Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 09-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Palm Treo 800w Reviewed

http://mobilitysite.com/2008/09/pal...-800w-review-2/

If you're interested in the Treo 800w, take a look at Bryan's review over at Mobility Site, as he takes you through both the software and the hardware - in particular, the 320 x 320 screen, which is still somewhat of a rarity among current Windows Mobile devices.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 PM
The Yaz
Thinker

I agree with Bryan's review of the 800W. My wife received one from her work to supplement her access when she is out of the office.

She's had it for a month and I have not needed to reboot it for her in that time. The Treo even had a useful script that did most of the work setting up her work & home email accounts as well as the vpn protocal.

When we went on vacation, she added the "phone as a modem" service fro $15 p/mth. The Treo synched up the first try and gave her acceptable speed at the beach. When the vacation was over, she was ale to cancel the service and pay the pro-rated amount for the seven days.

The real issue is the battery life. Just to get through a 400 mile trip using the gps for directions used up the phone and my battery extender. For everyday use, I'm hoping the 1500 battery the Treo Pro is using will be made avalable to the 800W soon. A 25% increase in battery power should get it thru the day with normal usage.

Steve