Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Surfaces at Tech.Ed Australia

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20...-client-teased/

Your eyes aren't deceiving you. Indeed, that's e.aspx">Live Mesh�*for Windows Mobile running on a Palm Treo Pro. And there's word coming out of Tech.Ed Australia (where the aforementioned was demoed) that it will soon be available for public consumption. Any Live Mesh users here looking forward to this?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
jhalsey205
Pupil
Default Mesh on WinMo

I love Live Mesh, as it supports my ability to abandon the sync cable (I use MS Exchange to sync PIM data). I copy cab files into my Live Mesh'ed "My Documents" folder (which sync's my 4 gb folder across 2 pc's) and access them on my phone via https://m.mesh.com.

John

Old 09-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

I am eagerly awaiting this critical piece of software. Yes, you can use the web version, but it is clunky and not that efficient.

This will really help me better manage my files that I want to share between devices - photos and music are at the top of the list. But it will also complete my desire to move paperless. let me explain:

I have recently signed up for Earth Class Mail which receives my U.S. Postal Mail and at my direction either scans it, shreds it, recycles it, or can forward it to me. For the important stuff, I have them scan it, which I then download, and store in my "mesh". By using my PocketPC with Live Mesh, I'll be able to see my mail from any location I can get an EVDO signal at.

So - I hope we get this important addition to PocketPC software soon.