Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Details About Sprint/Verizon's HTC Touch Diamond/Pro Surface

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Mor...cle-a_3021.html

"...we posted an article saying that the Sprint variant of the Touch Diamond may launch this month, but now we have slightly different information...First, HTC Touch Diamond will be called HTC Victor for Sprint and HTC Diamond for Verizon. Sprint's variant runs on Qualcomm 7501A chipset with 528MHz processor, 256MB ROM, 256MB RAM and 4GB internal memory. Verizon's runs on Qualcomm 7500 chipset with 400MHz processor, has half the RAM (128MB) and has microSD cards slot instead of 4GB NAND flash...The CDMA equivalent of the HTC Touch Pro will be called HTC Herman for Sprint and HTC Raphael for Verizon. They are QWERTY variants of respectively the Victor and the Diamond and have similar specifications, but twice the ROM memory (512MB for both). Herman trades Victor's 4GB for memory card slot and Raphael's frame is also made out of aluminum instead of steel...A few of our readers report that the Victor will be available with Sprint on September 02, 2008, and the Herman will come one month later. There is no exact information when Verizon Wireless will release the Diamond and the Raphael, but it is expected that Sprint will have 30 days exclusivity."

Picture of Touch Diamond

Details started leaking out about these exciting pair of devices for Verizon and Sprint last week.  I'm rather surprised at how different the models are for the two carriers, especially with regards to memory, but both look like great devices (small battery notwithstanding; let's hope it gives good battery life on EVDO).  As usual, Verizon users will have to wait a little bit longer than the Sprint folks, but at least there's some hope!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Omegajb
Pupil

Once again it looks like T-Mobile missed the boat.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:18 PM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegajb View Post
Once again it looks like T-Mobile missed the boat.
There should be some interesting Tmo devices released in the Oct-Nov time frame to complement the national 3G launch on Oct 1. Stay tuned... Or just get an unlocked phone. Its the prices and cust. service that attract me, not the phones.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Omegajb
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKingGrim View Post
There should be some interesting Tmo devices released in the Oct-Nov time frame to complement the national 3G launch on Oct 1. Stay tuned... Or just get an unlocked phone. Its the prices and cust. service that attract me, not the phones.

I'm using an unlocked TyTNII but there are 2 problems, the cost I paid way too much for this phone and the software is buggy.
When I bought a Qtek 9100 I had to reset all the time but by the time Tmobile released the MDA it was a lot more stable.

It just looks like they are ignoring WM phones these days and I hope this is because of the launge of 3g but I've heard the handset selection will be small because of the band TMO will be using.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 PM
abeery
Pupil
Default Verizon Bummer 400MHZ vs Sprint 525MHZ

I have both Verizon and Sprint phones but I was looking to upgrade my Verizon phone... now I'm thinking about dropping them in favor of Sprint just because of the speed difference in these phones... with all the animation the interface does the faster the CPU the better.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:35 AM
davea
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKingGrim View Post

So, what's the word on the "street" regarding what TMO is going to role out?

HTC Touch Dual by any chance??