Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Twitula For Windows Mobile Professional - A Mobile Twitter Client

http://www.kevdaly.co.nz/Software/T...er/Twitula.aspx

I was just notified of a new Twitter application for Windows Mobile called Twitula. There is one other mobile twitter app that I am aware of but it never worked right for me and resorted to updating via SMS and reading posts via Pocket IE. I am glad to see there is another app to pick from.

It has a nice look and feel, with features such as following your friends or the public timeline, seeing what messages were directed at you with the "d" command and seeing who you follow or who follows you. It is missing a few things I'd like to see though, like a scroll bar or ability to page up/down (right now it scrolls one line at a time), or the ability to see messages sent to you via the @ command. and the ability to hit the OK/Cancel buttons with soft keys. But all that said, this looks very promising, enough so that for now, I am using it instead of my SMS/PIE combo. It is free and can be downloaded as a CAB installer directly to your device from the link above.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
paschott
Intellectual

Thanks for the heads-up, Ed. This looks promising. I haven't looked too hard for a Twitter client that doesn't require SMS. I don't want to pay for a text message package if I have any choice in the matter - they're way overpriced and I already pay for a data plan.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:37 PM
spmwinkel
Neophyte

I use ceTwit, which both currently has a version 1.x and a release candidate for version 2.0 available. The RC is not a RC because it's buggy but because it still misses a feature (notifications specifically for DM/@replies). I also follow @vkoser which is the developer of ceTwit.

Before this I've used TinyTwitter, and I believe there are one or two others as well.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Kevin Daly
Theorist
Default Update

Hi folks.

I posted an updated version yesterday that addresses (at least in part) some of the issues Ed raised.

On the down side, results for the public timeline are currently incomplete or worse owing to Twitter apparently not being able to provide a consistent data feed through their API.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:01 AM
spmwinkel
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Daly View Post
Hi folks.

I posted an updated version yesterday that addresses (at least in part) some of the issues Ed raised.

On the down side, results for the public timeline are currently incomplete or worse owing to Twitter apparently not being able to provide a consistent data feed through their API.
Cool to see the developer coming to forums, I always like that. I'll give it another try later today.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Kevin Daly
Theorist
Default The public timeline is working again by the way

As an update to my previous comment, the public timeline feed is now back to normal.