Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Diamond Loses Angles, Renamed Victor

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/pda-king...=3868&next=3828

If you dig everything about the Touch Diamond, but its F-117 looks, the Victor offers hope. Word on the street is that it packs the same specs as the Diamond. The only feature separating the two is the design of the rear. The Victor's is noticeably flatter, which should play nice with tables, dashboards, dishwashers, washing machines, and whatever else you love placing your phone on. So, the question to you, dear readers: which of the two do you prefer?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan

I'd personally prefer the Victor and I've been watching out for availability for it here in the North. It isn't so much the smooth backing, but the matte finish, I'm hoping, will provide a better grip so it doesn't dance when someone calls me.

Now if they can announce HSDPA speeds on the 850 band, I've already used a sharpie on which arm and which leg I'm giving up to get one.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:52 PM
sesummers
Ponderer
Default I want one!

I'll tolerate the "diamond back" if I have to (I'm on Sprint with a family plan, so I'll do what I'm told, and will be sure to say "baa" as I meander by the guy with the hooked stick when I buy mine on September second). But while it isn't a deal breaker, I definitely don't like it. The smooth back shown here as the "Victor" would be much better.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:07 AM
cortez
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to cortez Send a message via MSN to cortez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyresyght View Post
I'd personally prefer the Victor and I've been watching out for availability for it here in the North. It isn't so much the smooth backing, but the matte finish, I'm hoping, will provide a better grip so it doesn't dance when someone calls me.

Now if they can announce HSDPA speeds on the 850 band, I've already used a sharpie on which arm and which leg I'm giving up to get one.
ditto...(except for the arm and leg comment). add an extended (1350 mAh) battery and i'll get this in a heartbeat! i recall seeing this on a Chinese website where they were also display the battery. (oh wait, it's doesn't have an exposed QWERTY keyboard...)

Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
ditto...(except for the arm and leg comment). add an extended (1350 mAh) battery and i'll get this in a heartbeat!
The Raphael is supposed to be coming out later on in this year which looks a lot like the Diamond with a slide out keyboard and the extended battery which is also tempting, however, I admit that I'll probably take the opportunity to buy a used Diamond/Victor from someone.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:39 AM
hamishmacdonald
Thinker

As someone whose Touch Cruise just developed a big, long scratch on the screen from my dragging a nail down the scrollbar, presumably with one tiny, evil speck of something on it, I think devices with high-gloss surfaces are not practical for everyday use. So I prefer this new design for the Diamond.

But my work now demands that I not just write but tunnel into bits and bobs on a server using Citrix, so I bought an HTC Shift. I don't need my mobile to be a full computer anymore -- and Windows Mobile handhelds were really the only thing that could make that claim in the mobile market, and thus be useful to me. Now, though, that I don't need it to do all those things, I'm really seeing the flaws. It's just so difficult to do so many simple things. I understand why people are flocking to That Other Handheld.

But I ain't gonna buy one. And I'm not going to buy a Diamond. I feel like I've finally been relieved of the constant-upgrade curse because I don't need my mobile to do so much.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 AM
sebschindler
Neophyte
Default Diamond back cover

Hi!
I have a Touch Diamond as the German O2 incarnation.
This device has already a modified cover.
It's like the T-Mo dash or XDA Cosmo rubber finish.
I really prefer this! Flat and soft to hold in the hands or lay down on the table.
So far, the extended battery covers are shaped diamond-like, too bad ... I'll be waiting the rubber ones.
Sebasitan