Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Verizon to Offer 700wx WM6 Update?

http://www.treocentral.com/content/...ries/1777-1.htm

"...we've become aware of some upcoming updates for the Treo 700wx... Some internal training slides have been leaked onto the internet that detail the updates. The updates will be released sometime this "Spring and Summer," according to the slides. Update 1.24 for the Verizon Treo 700wx will update the OS to Windows Mobile 6 Professional! WooHoo! That's great! However, it's too bad that Sprint isn't getting the update. Also, Palm is going to put Windows Mobile 6 on the device even though Windows Mobile 6.1 is already out."

I missed posting on this last week; too bad it's not 6.1, but given the testing time for any new OS, I'm not surprised.  In any case, Verizon 700wx owners, you may have something to look forward to in the new future.  (I'd be much happier if WM OS updates were offered across many devices, but it looks like that's not happening any time soon.)

Old 06-24-2008, 01:41 PM
inteller
Banned

I'm very proud of Palm for seeing this one through. I think they know that in the end it makes the device more stable and cuts down on support issues. WM6 is light years ahead of WM5.

They probably aren't giving sprint the upgrade because Sprint is getting the Treo 800.