Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default SoftMaker Office 2008 For Pocket PC Released

http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofp_en.htm

"If you wish to edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on the Pocket PC without losing formatting or content, SoftMaker Office is your only choice. There is no other mobile office suite that reads and writes your Office documents as faithfully as SoftMaker Office 2008."

Softmaker Office

SoftMaker Office 2008 is ready for shipping. There are a number of new features, including PDF export and printing and has a ton of features not supported in the mobile versions of Office apps provided by Microsoft. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the Office 2007 file formats are supported yet, something newer versions of Mobile Office apps from MS do support. Head over to the site to try the 30 day trial version or buy for $79.95 (US and Canada), or upgrade from a previous version for $39.95.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 AM
christak
Theorist

Great apps -- but pretty darn pricey these days...

I purchased Textmaker several years ago, then Planmaker when it came out, and finally upgraded to SoftMaker Office a while back, but I won't be upgrading to this version anytime soon (at these prices)... While I love the apps, the upgrade is not worth $40 "more" to me...

To each his own...

Old 06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the Office 2007 file formats are supported yet...
Not sure that's a great loss at this point. Corporate America hasn't warmed up to 2007 yet, and the 2007-to-2003 converters are still too spastic for a lot of people.