Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 05-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Benchmarked: HTC Touch Diamond vs. 50 Others

http://www.solopalmari.com/content/view/4985/298/

If you're one of the few who loves a good benchmark, head over to SoloPalmari (translated version) to see how the HTC Touch Diamond fares against a whopping fifty other devices. You may find the results surprising.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
cgavula
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to cgavula

Their screens show it as only having 128MB RAM and I thought specs listed it as having 192MB RAM. Isn't this also going to affect the benchmark to some extent?

--Chris

Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 PM
alese
Philosopher

Given that the used SBP Benchmark wasn't updated since WM5 (Video accelerators in Advantage and Diamond are definately not supported) and considering that Asus A639 and G900 have something wrong with their file system result (either that or everything was done in RAM - the difference between them and all the others is just too much for reading and writing to flash)

Considering above, the result is as expected - I would say that Diamond and Advantage are the fastest WM devices at the moment.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:59 PM
mwfielder
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alese View Post
Given that the used SBP Benchmark wasn't updated since WM5 (Video accelerators in Advantage and Diamond are definately not supported) and considering that Asus A639 and G900 have something wrong with their file system result (either that or everything was done in RAM - the difference between them and all the others is just too much for reading and writing to flash)

Considering above, the result is as expected - I would say that Diamond and Advantage are the fastest WM devices at the moment.
I can't get the translator page to open...but it looks like the Diamond did well except in graphics. I was surprised, but given what you said above, maybe that's the explanation?