Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Old 05-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default 31 Days of the Dragon: And The Winner Is...

http://www.31daysofthedragon.com

I'm thrilled to announce that the winner of the HDX9200 is a YouTube user named XiledSoldier. Although I picked him randomly, I wanted to share his response since it sounds like he'll put the HDX9200 to good use:

"How will the Dragon rock your world?: Well, my current computer is crap. So anything would pretty much rock my world. I want to get into graphic design as a career and what a better way to jump start that than to have a nice powerful laptop to use. I'm a gamer as well and this will let me play games at much better quality than my current rig."

As a recap, he won an HDX9200 notebook PC worth about $5000 if purchased at retail. The laptop features an Intel Core 2 Extreme X9000 CPU (2.8 Ghz), 500 GB of storage (2 x 250 GB hard drives), 4 GB of RAM, integrated HDTV tuner, fingerprint reader, nVidia GeForce 8800M GS with 512 MB of RAM, a 20.1 inch WUXGA screen (1080p, 1920 x 1200), and lots more. The software bundle includes Microsoft Office 2007, Corel PaintShop Pro X2, Corel Painter Essentials, Corel Ulead Video Studio Plus 11.5, and Symantec Norton Internet Security. For the gamers in us the winners will receive Viva Piñata, Microsoft Flight Sim, Microsoft Flight Sim Expansion Pack,  and Gears of War. Since that Blu-ray drive is no fun without movies, the winner will also receive Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl, Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest, and Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End.

All this, if purchased at retail, would cost around $5500 - and XiledSoldier wins it all, courtesy of HP. I want to thank HP for this incredible contest - it was an amazing amount of fun to give away such a huge prize. Big thanks to Buzzcorps for helping to coordinate everything. At the time I did the drawing, there were 1162 comments posted to my video, 673 comments posted to the discussion thread, and I gained over 1000 new subscribers to the Thoughts Media YouTube Channel.

Thanks again to everyone for participating, and I hope you'll continue to come back to this site for all your digital home news and reviews. And remember, there are still a lot of Dragons to be given away, so be sure to check out all the other sites that are a part of this giveaway.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:18 AM
brown88
Neophyte

congratulations

Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Congratulations, XiledSoldier. Awesome prize.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Omnibus
Neophyte

Con gratulations XiledSoldier!

Old 05-18-2008, 02:12 PM
ionen
Pupil

Congrats! And have fun with it!!

Old 05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
cmchavez
Intellectual

Congratulations on the win!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:07 PM
[email protected].
Pupil
Default Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy the beast.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Congrats on the huge win!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Zimmund
Neophyte

Congratulations for him

Old 05-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Agentcdog
Neophyte
Thumbs up Congrats

...to XiledSoldier. Should be some serious anticipation on delivery day.