Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Old 05-09-2008, 09:00 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default It's About Time

<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://zunerama.com/forum/index.php?topic=9825.0' target='_blank'>http://zunerama.com/forum/index.php?topic=9825.0</a><br /><br /></div>One of the major complaints people seem to have with the Zune is that it doesn&rsquo;t have a visible clock. I&rsquo;m never lacking for the ability to know the time so I&rsquo;m not sure what the fuss is but if you&rsquo;re one of the people who needs a clock on your Zune, your prayers have been answered! Nelson, a member of Zunerama&rsquo;s forums, has created a clock with the XNA 3.0 release. It&rsquo;s still very basic but it gets the job done. So if you needed this, go on <a href="http://zunerama.com/forum/index.php?topic=9825.0">over and check it out.</a>

Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

Damn, beat me to it

I'd like to see more of these little apps as the ecosystem matures. If only they didn't require a restart at the end of each game session...

Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM
jaxim
Ponderer

I don't see a need for a clock by itself, but I could see a need for an alarm clock. Just imagine. You **** your Zune on a docking station right next to your bed. Not only could you use your Zune as a clock during the night, but in the morning it could be used as an alarm clock that can be programmed to play one of your playlists. No need for one of those expensive docking stations with alram clocks, b/c the alarm clock would be the Zune. All you would need is a docking station with speakers or the ability to plug in speakers into your docking station.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxim View Post
No need for one of those expensive docking stations with alram clocks, b/c the alarm clock would be the Zune. All you would need is a docking station with speakers or the ability to plug in speakers into your docking station.
Eh, the upcoming iHome alarm dock is only $99.99. I don't really see that as very expensive. You're not going to do much cheaper than that for a straight up dock.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 PM
jaxim
Ponderer

yeah, but can you program it to play a certain playlist from your zune? Or can you program it using one of the radio stations programmed in your zune?

Old 05-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxim View Post
yeah, but can you program it to play a certain playlist from your zune? Or can you program it using one of the radio stations programmed in your zune?
Well, hopefully David will be reviewing one pretty soon, and he'll be able to tell you that.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 PM
inteller
Banned

You shouldn't need any entire "game" interface to implement a clock display. It should be part of the OS.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inteller View Post
You shouldn't need any entire "game" interface to implement a clock display. It should be part of the OS.
Hey, we agree on something! The Zune needs a regular, small, always-showing clock. I keep asking for it...