Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zune Hits Canada On June 13th

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/...une-canada.html

"Microsoft Corp.'s Zune media player, the company's answer to Apple Inc.'s ubiquitous iPod, will be available in Canadian stores on June 13, the company said Tuesday. Like the iPod and other media players, the Zune supports video, audio, photos and other images. The Zune also has an FM radio tuner and a built-in wireless connection that allows users to share music. "Zune is more than just a music player for Canadians, it's a shared, social experience," said Craig Tullett, group manager for Zune Canada, in a statement. "We're excited to offer people an innovative way to discover, share and enjoy their music wherever they go." Three players will be available: an 80 GB model and two smaller, flash-memory based models, with 4 GB and 8 GB of memory. One GB of storage is enough to store about 250 songs or 75 minutes of video. The 4 GB and 8 GB flash players will have a suggested retail price of $139.99 and $189.99, respectively, while the 80 GB player will sell for $249.99."

It seems like we've been waiting forever for this to happen: the Zune is finally moving outside the US! Hopefully this is the first of several new launches around the world this year. Anyone have an inkling of where we'll see the Zune launch next? I'm guessing the UK.