Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Touch Diamond: You've Seen Pictures, Now See Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/HTC

HTC has gone gaga on YouTube by uploading nine HTC Touch Diamond video demos. Check out the one above, and then jump the break to see the rest.

Introduction to TouchFLO 3D

Using TouchFLO 3D

TouchFLO 3D Overview

Music and TouchFLO 3D

People and TouchFLO 3D

Photos & Video and TouchFLO 3D

Weather and TouchFLO 3D

Device Tour

Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I find it fascinating that HTC seems to have "solved" the Windows Mobile UI problem by simply never showing the user Windows Mobile. I'm interested to see how deep it goes, but so far I'm really impressed with all the scenarios they cover in the videos...looks quite impressive!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Duncan
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I find it fascinating that HTC seems to have "solved" the Windows Mobile UI problem by simply never showing the user Windows Mobile. I'm interested to see how deep it goes, but so far I'm really impressed with all the scenarios they cover in the videos...looks quite impressive!
I'm very impressed to see that they even provide an alternative to the standard Settings and Programs screens. It looks like the only times anyone would leave HTC's UI would be when a third party program opens. With much of the key third party software now supporting finger touch, and so much in the HTC UI that meets everyday requirements, that's pretty impressive.

The speed of the UI screen changes is equally impressive. If they've really managed to make a 900 mAh battery last longer, and if Orange offer a decent package with decent data, this could well be my next WM device.

The only slight fly in the ointment in no card slot - but then again I've never actually managed to fill a 4 GB SD card so I'm not sure that's an issue.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:00 PM
alese
Philosopher

What I find funny is that HTC managed to come up last year with Touch and the Touch Flo interface just before iPhone and now a year later they have even better sollution for competing with iPhone interface both in HW and in SW, it makes WM looking modern again.
Microsoft on the other hand managed to release WM6.1 in the same time frame, with almost no visual or feature updates to WM6 - sad...

Old 05-06-2008, 10:13 PM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

It has Opera Mobile 9.5! I hope I can put this on my X1. The nice thing is with thw WVGA screen, I can fit this and still see other today plugins below.

Last edited by JKingGrim; 05-06-2008 at 10:16 PM..

Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
The only slight fly in the ointment in no card slot - but then again I've never actually managed to fill a 4 GB SD card so I'm not sure that's an issue.
Yeah, I'm really surprised at the no microSD card slot thing...that sets a very bad precedent IMO.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:52 PM
netboy
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKingGrim View Post
It has Opera Mobile 9.5! I hope I can put this on my X1. The nice thing is with thw WVGA screen, I can fit this and still see other today plugins below.
hyping May 6, 2008 for nothing! if i want a iphone, i'll get a iphone! not a iphone clone!
not interested in this diamond! i waiting for Sony X1 with 3" WVGA 800x480 compares this diamond 2.8" VGA at 640x480.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:40 AM
jngold_me
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
hyping May 6, 2008 for nothing! if i want a iphone, i'll get a iphone! not a iphone clone!
not interested in this diamond! i waiting for Sony X1 with 3" WVGA 800x480 compares this diamond 2.8" VGA at 640x480.
No, instead you may want to wait for Imate's next "great" offering. LOL!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:23 AM
superrrguy
Ponderer

Wow. It's pretty.

When can we get this on the TYTN II?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Duncan
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superrrguy View Post
Wow. It's pretty.

When can we get this on the TYTN II?
If I've followed the news on this right, then the answer would be never. I believe the new UI is dependant on a rather powerful GPU in the device.