Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Xobni Public Beta Now Available, New York Times Coverage of Company

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/05/t...r=1&oref=slogin

"Adam Smith was 12 when Microsoft introduced its desktop e-mail program, Outlook. Outlook is now the most popular e-mail tool in the world, used by hundreds of millions of people. And Mr. Smith, now 23, thinks that the program is so poorly suited for most people’s intensive e-mail habits that he has co-founded a company, Xobni, intended to fix it. “Using Outlook today is like taking a Volkswagen Beetle into space,” Mr. Smith said. “People are kind of exerting all these stresses upon it that it wasn’t originally designed to withstand.” Xobni, based in San Francisco, is introducing a new tool on Monday that plugs into Outlook. Mr. Smith’s general complaint — one that is shared by many users of Outlook — is that the more the program is used, the slower it gets and the harder it is to search for e-mail addresses and phone numbers."

I posted about Xobni a while ago, and it seems that they're finally ready for a wide-spread public beta because I received notification today that their software was ready for downloading. This New York Times article has details about the company, and how they were almost purchased by Microsoft, and if you're looking to download the beta, you can do so here. I'm going to install it in a few minutes - let me know what you think of it if you install it.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Fritzly
Sage

It is a great add-on for Outlook; I have been using it for a while and I really like it.
I would advice everybody to try it and decide if it could be useful for your needs.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Perry Reed
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to Perry Reed Send a message via MSN to Perry Reed

I've been using Xobni for awhile and I think it's great. Along with ClearContext and a few others, it is now one of my must-have Outlook plug-ins.

(The few others that I use a lot are Tablet Enhancements for Outlook (TEO), Jello Dashboard, LinkedIn, NewsGator Inbox, and Plaxo.)