Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Old 04-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default [The Missing] Re-Launch Contest #19: HP Elite Autofocus Webcam

Astute Digital Home Thoughts reader jaxim noticed that when I was doing my wrap-up post with the #20 contests...there were really only 19 of them! if you look at my write-up on the 20th contest, I actually state that it's the 19th and final giveaway, yet I still gave it the title of the 20th contest. I did the write-ups for the last dozen or so contests all in the same night, frankly in a rush, so it's not surprising that I made an error. But guess what? My error is your gain! I contact my friends at HP and they offered up one of their brand new HP Elite Autofocus Webcams, a 3 megapixels marvel of technology valued at $99 USD. They also sent me one to review, so look for my write-up on that the week after next. Want to win this webcam? Keep reading.

Here's how to enter: just post a message as a reply telling who you'd use this to communicate with - friends? Grandparents? Children? Husband or wife in a far away land? There's one post per person allowed, and one winner will be randomly chosen. The contest will stay open for entries until April 21st, 2008 (meanwhile I'll be drawing for all the other prizes).

Special thanks to HP for their donation of this hardware. Oh, and by the way, this contest officially pushes us past the $7K mark in prizes - $7009.45 USD to be exact!

Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 AM
jaxim
Ponderer

When I noticed that you missed the 19th contest, I thought it was funny to point it out. It was totally unnecessary to create a new contest.

But since you did, it would behoove me not to enter. ;-)

I'd use the webcam so all my family spanning 4 states could see my new baby girl due in July.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:49 AM
edgar
Thinker

This looks like the perfect cam to replace my lousy quality Creative Ultra. I travel a lot to Eastern Europe, use Skype and Adobe Connect constantly for work.

Great size, good specs too - looking forward to your review.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:14 AM
timmy
Intellectual

Since jaxim was the first one to find or at least post about the missing contest and also have a really good reason for owning a webcam, I'm submitting my post as a "walkover" in favour of jaxim...(if that is possible)

Old 04-12-2008, 02:35 AM
dh
Mystic

The webcam would be perfect for us. We live in New Hampshire and our daughter in the UK has just given us a great little granddaughter.

This would be a great help to keep in touch.

Last edited by dh; 04-12-2008 at 02:51 AM..

Old 04-12-2008, 02:48 AM
hhsimpson
Neophyte

I'd use the webcam to talk to (and see) my brother.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:36 AM
gstenger
Pupil

This would be great to use to communicate with our parents and siblings who live 14 hours away from us so they can see our 2 year old son grow. Thanks for the contests!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:49 AM
GreatDay
Pupil

My long time friends just moved to Florence for 5 years and with this i could recipricate with live feeds on Skype, like they do with their Mac. */*

Old 04-12-2008, 04:01 AM
supreme_one3
Pupil

I would use the web cam to talk to my brother.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:17 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

I'd use this to chat with my little brother, in Florida.