Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 04-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default APRIL FOOLS: Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo! Join Forces

http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/default.mspx

"Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) today announced that following a failed attempt on February 1, 2008, to acquire Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO), it had made a second proposal to the Yahoo! Board of Directors on March 30, 2008, to acquire Yahoo! for a total equity value of approximately $49.8 billion. This proposal was formally accepted by Yahoo! on the morning of March 31, 2008. In addition, Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) today announced that it had made a proposal to the Microsoft Board of Directors on March 31, 2008, to acquire Microsoft for a total equity value of approximately $270 billion, which Microsoft formally accepted on the same day. On the morning of April 1, 2008, Yahoo! made a proposal to the Google Board of Directors to acquire Google for $1. Google accepted this proposal immediately, citing it as a fair and honest deal. Together, Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo! believe that these acquisitions will create a more competitive company providing superior value to shareholders and better choice and innovation for customers and partners.

On April 15, 2008, the three companies will meet officially to discuss leadership options and industry consolidation and convergence. On April 16, 2008, Steve Ballmer (Microsoft), Eric Schmidt (Google), and Jerry Yang (Yahoo!) will participate in a televised round-robin Dance Dance Revolution, SingStar, and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock contest, where the overall winner will be formally recognized as the CEO of the new company, Yahooglesoft. The remaining two participants, along with existing members of the Board of Directors from Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo! will participate in a round-robin Rock-Paper-Scissors contest to establish a new Board of Directors at Yahooglesoft.
The new company, Yahooglesoft, will be formally established on May 1, 2008, and be based out of the Bermuda Triangle, before shifting to Virgle City in 2108.

Members of the press are encouraged to submit questions and statements to www.yahooglesoft.com/press. A mobile-friendly version of the web site is available at m.mobile.we-just-cant-standardize-mobile-urls.yahooglesoft.mobi."

Wow. Time to contact my stockbroker.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

While this is not a good "April Fool's", because it's outrageous, it is a great parody of the whole buyout fever going on in the industry. Well-done.

--janak

Old 04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
ReDeVil
Pupil

i was like......WAT THE???............

Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Tim Williamson
Editor Emeritus

Love the logo!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Mechanicaldan
Neophyte

Buyouts or Consolidations are interesting. Consumers needs competition to continue bringing out the best of both sides of any business sector. A Yahoolgesoft would likely make consumers hate it. Public businesses are under great pressure to continue growing, and thus "if you can't beat them, buy them" seems to hold true. The oil company mergers in the late 80s/ early 90s is another good example, as was Standard Oil Company in the first part of the 20th century, up until the US government stepped in and split the company apart, and funny how it started to come together again. I feel I may live long enough to see how that industry deals with a limited amount of product, oil, and how we as consumers deal with the lack of product. It'd be like McDonald's running out of cows. Hmm...what can we use to make a beef patty out of that isn't beef, but looks, smells, and tastes like beef? Maybe that's a bad example because there are still cows and a McDonald's burger doesn't look, smell, or taste anything like a burger I'd make.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

I should consider buying that domain...

Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Eriq Cook
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Eriq Cook Send a message via Skype™ to Eriq Cook

Lmfao

Old 04-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Well done Darius, well done! I loved the creative writing.