Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Spb Software House Announces End of February Release for Spb Mobile Shell 2.0

http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/about/p...8/feb03.html?en

"Spb Software House, the world's leading Windows Mobile software vendor, will present the new version of its celebrated Spb Mobile Shell at the GSMA Mobile World Congress, the world's most significant mobile event of the year... The new Spb Mobile Shell 2.0 � is the next generation Windows Mobile user interface. It is adapted to the latest devices on the market, is more animated, more customizable, and a more graphically complete than ever before. This new version of Spb Mobile Shell will be first introduced at the Spb Software House booth at Mobile Worlds Congress, and will become commercially available to OEMs and end-customers by the end of February 2008."

Spb Software House's latest press release may be light on details, but it does confirm the presence and upcoming release of Spb Mobile Shell 2.0. And if the first version is anything to go by, topped with the aforementioned enhancements, there's a good chance you'll want to install it on your device the moment it's available for download. Watch the front-page next week for additional details!

Old 02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

nice. I actually quit using Mobile Shell 1.x when it got my TyTN II. The HTC home plugin plus the touchflo in the programs list I found that I really didn't gain anything from Mobile Shell. It just duplicated functionality already built into my device and ate ram and rom.

Maybe Mobile Shell 2.x will change that.
I can't wait. :mrgreen:

Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

I don't see myself buying HTC devices anytime soon. Things like custom USB plug and absence of a standard headphone connection among other small, but important details, will keep me away from its products. But it would be very interesting to see what new version of Mobile Shell will have to offer. I use current version and I do like it a lot.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
tabenate
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lee
I actually quit using Mobile Shell 1.x when it got my TyTN II.
I did exactly the opposite. :mrgreen: With my previous device I decided to uninstall Mobile Shell because of limited memory.
When I got the TyTN II, first thing I installed was Shell - nice thing about the TyTN II is it has enough memory to run all of my applications without any issues.

Great program, can't wait to discover what v2.0 will bring.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Rob Alexander
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by virain
I don't see myself buying HTC devices anytime soon. Things like custom USB plug and absence of a standard headphone connection among other small, but important details, will keep me away from its products. But it would be very interesting to see what new version of Mobile Shell will have to offer. I use current version and I do like it a lot.
Not all HTC devices use a custom USB plug. My Touch uses a standard mini-USB so I use the same cable on three or four devices. It does use the same mini-USB for headphones, however, and while it has an adapter to plug in a 3.5mm plug, it's a bit of a pain. I'll probably end up getting a set of stereo bluetooth earbuds so I don't have to worry about it.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 AM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Alexander
Not all HTC devices use a custom USB plug. My Touch uses a standard mini-USB so I use the same cable on three or four devices. It does use the same mini-USB for headphones, however, and while it has an adapter to plug in a 3.5mm plug, it's a bit of a pain. I'll probably end up getting a set of stereo bluetooth earbuds so I don't have to worry about it.
Beauty is in hands of beholder. I am happy for you, that you are happy with your HTC Touch so much. :lol: Unfortunately, it doesn't have GPS, slow processor, no standard headphone plug as you said. And those "little" things are important to me. Why compromise? 0X

Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM
murph
Ponderer

any more updates on this? i haven't seen any mention of it during the GSMA MWC coverage around the 'net.