Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default E-TEN Unveils the Glofiish M810 and V900

http://www.glofiish.com/news.asp?la...=3&page=1&id=34

"E-TEN Information Systems has unveiled the Glofiish M810 and V900, the first in a new range of Pocket PC Phones focusing on portable entertainment and go-anywhere communications tailored for the web savvy consumer market. At its booth at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, E-TEN has showcased two new products that mark a change in track for Pocket PC Phones � from productivity and communications tools for mobile professionals to always-on-hand entertainment and connectivity devices designed for the modern web-enthusiast."

If portable entertainment tickles your fancy, then E-TEN's Glofiish V900 may do the trick for you. It sports DAB/DVB/TDMB support, HSDPA connectivity, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and with touch being all the rage these days, E-TEN's newly-developed touch interface. But if you don't need TV, and prefer a QWERTY keyboard instead, then there's the Glofiish M810. Expect both devices to be on display at 3GSM, so if you plan to be there next week, be on the lookout for them. Jump the break for the rest of the press release.

""With the growing popularity of blogging, instant messaging, and social networking, as well as online services such as Google Maps, it�s no longer just professionals who need to maintain constant access to the Internet, consumers are wanting to spend more and more time online too." commented CEO Simon Hwang, "To this end, E-TEN has harnessed our mobile technological expertise and the power and versatility of the Windows Mobile platform to create a range for feature rich, portable, Internet-ready phones, that put the focus on fun and entertainment."

The Glofiish V900 is E-TEN�s first Pocket PC Phone to feature mobile TV. With major events such as UEFA Euro 2008 and the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games scheduled this year, there are sure to be events that people just don�t want to miss, and thanks to the V900�s support for DVB-H, DVB-T, TDMB and DAB broadcasting standards, they won�t have to. V900 also offers the benefits of VGA display and all-in-one connectivity solution comprising of HSDPA, GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. Along with the Glofiish V900 E-TEN will debut its newly developed touch-based user interface. The V900 is scheduled to launch in the second half of the year.

The Glofiish M810 is a sleekly portable, HSDPA, Wi-Fi b/g and GPS ready handset, designed to help the new breed of bloggers, podcasters, video makers, and chatters, stay online and updated wherever they are. A full QWERTY keyboard makes blogging, text messaging and chatting quick and convenient, while a 2-megapixel auto-focus camera is great for capturing pictures or video that can be uploaded easily to a web-album or video sharing site. Finally, built-in JAVA support allows fun mobile games to be downloaded and played anywhere

The M810 and V900 will be on display at the E-TEN booth (Hall 2, 2A126) during 3GSM (February 11-14) along with a showcase of other Glofiish products, including the recently released M800 and X650, designed to satisfy the demands from a variety of market segments."

Old 02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

I wonder if these devices are going to be stuck with the same 64 MB limit the previous E-TEN devices have. That is certainly one reason I haven't tried one of there previous releases. I love the VGA, GPS, HSDPA, etc, but running a VGA WM6 device with GPS in 64 MB of RAM is troublesome.

Hopefully, they are transitioning to a newer processor that removes this constraint.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 AM
x51vuser
Ponderer

For sure 64 MB if Eten.
I do not think processor is wrong, they just do not have technical expertise to handle 128 MB chips.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
captgoodhope
Ponderer

There's some specs posted here, they may not be final. I'm disappointed with the 2.8 in. screen.

http://snipurl.com/1z3qh