Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default SBSH Releases PocketWeather 2.0 and PocketBreeze 5.4

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketweather/

"After a long period of development and beta testing we are excited to announce today the release of PocketWeather 2.0! The all new PocketWeather 2.0 brings with it lots of wonderful new features, including: New Today screen plug-in design with powerful layout-scripting allowing designers to create endless display layouts, completely re-designed and empowered WeatherConsole supporting all screen resolutions and orientations, a completely new user-friendly Options interface, new PocketBreeze integration allowing one to view the weather within PocketBreeze, new powerful data-access configuration options and much more!"

The long-awaited PocketWeather 2.0 is here and there's plenty to tickle your taste buds: a new Today plug-in, a new WeatherConsole, PocketBreeze integration (you'll need the new PocketBreeze 5.4 for it to work), new weather icons and PNG support, as well as a host of new options and templates. PocketWeather 2.0 is available from our affiliate software store (Handango) for $14.95. If you're a registered user of PocketWeather 1.x, you can upgrade for just $4.95, or for free if you purchased PocketWeather on or after August 1. Check this page for details.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:47 PM
hoffman
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to hoffman Send a message via Yahoo to hoffman
Default Pocket Weathe 2.0

I downloaded the Pocket Weather cab from SBSHs site because I already have Pocket Breeze as a plug in, I thought it would be a good compliment on my HP iPAQ 2790b.

I installed the program to a SD card and waited for it to load and returned to the today screen to find no Pocket Weather no SPB Shell or anything else. The screen was totally blank.

I performed a couple of soft resets with no success. I deselected all the other today plugins with or without a soft reset no success.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the program to the main memory without success. I again deselected the other today plugins and performed a soft reset and I finally found that Pocket Weather was on the today screen.

I thought maybe if I addded the remaining plugins one at a time I may be able to have Pocket Weather and my other plugins all living happily together.

I added SPB Shell and returned to the today screen to find the today screen would not load at all. I soft reset my device and I could not get past the entrance of my device password. I finally did get into my device without the need for a clean reset.

I uninstalled Pocket Weather and after resetting my device to safe mode every reset and resetting in safe mode and then again in normal mode I finally got all my plugins back on my today screen.

I have decided to give Pocket Weather
a miss

Regards Brian

Old 12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
schmenge
Intellectual

Did you post anything in support on the SBSH Forums? I've been playing with PW2 since it was released and am really impressed. There is certainly some type of conflict on your device. :cry: The folks over at SBSH have really great support and I'm sure you would hear from them quickly and they would get the problem resolved.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:24 PM
amitregev
Intellectual

Hi Brian

I'm terribly sorry for the trouble that you've been having with the new PocketWeather version and will be glad to try and see how we can get things working for you.

This might be something related to some conflict with a different application on your device, but I've seen other users using the new PocketWeather with Shell, so I don't believe this is the cause for this problem for you :/

Can you tell me if you had any previous versions of PocketWeather installed on your device in the past with different location configuration in the past?

Or was this the first time you installed any version of PocketWeather on your device? :roll: