Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Pictures and Specs of the Glofiish M800

The E-TEN Glofiish M800 is a beast. Think X800 + QWERTY: Pocketinfo.nl is reporting that it packs a 500MHz Samsung CPU, 256MB ROM, two cameras, a VGA touch screen (presumably 2.8"), GSM/GPRS/EDGE and UMTS/HSDPA connectivity, GPS (SiRFstar III), a 2.5mm audio jack, a QWERTY keyboard, and Windows Mobile 6 Professional. And based on previous feedback, E-TEN has included Windows and OK keys on the front, in addition to Fn and Caps indicators on the keyboard.

Thanks to HPC.ru and E-TEN Club Russia, there's certainly no shortage of pictures out there. Want one? You'll have to wait until November.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
RogueSpear
Ponderer

Man that thing is nuts. I just don't know how I could ever afford (get it past my wife) it assuming your only choice will be to buy it unlocked.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

I figure what, $900 US?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
eugarps
Ponderer

Engaget's guess is $850.00 (USD) 599.00 (EU)

Old 10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

This pic is a fake.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 PM
MarcTGFG
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by virain
This pic is a fake.
Your Pic is also fake, dont tell me you look like that cat ;-)

Seriously: Did you even follow the links provided by PPCT? You find tons of pictures of this device in comparison with other devices. No one has enough time to fake that many pictures!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
RogueSpear
Ponderer

Nor do I think they'd even have a reason. It's not like this device is even approaching something out of the realm of possible. If anything it's a mild upgrade to a pre-existing device.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 PM
MarcTGFG
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear
Nor do I think they'd even have a reason. It's not like this device is even approaching something out of the realm of possible. If anything it's a mild upgrade to a pre-existing device.
Hmm, its the ONLY full QWERTY WM 6 Pro quadband GSM/EDGE +UMTS/HSDPA, GPS smartphone worldwide with a VGA resolution screen.

And even without VGA it would be near the top of the current crop.

Eventually it all comes down to build quality, a department in which ETEN still has to play catch up...

Old 10-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Nightflyer
Pupil

The keyboard looks great, reminds me of the old Psion 5s. I've always wanted to see something similar on newer devices.

Overall a great device (at least the specs, I do not like the design and have my doubts about the build quality also), I just wished it had the tilted-screen of the Tytn II, which is a great "invention" I think. This would be great especially in combination with this keyboard and the VGA-greatness

I won't buy this phone because I have no experiences with ETEN, plus design is important for me. Basically, I am only waiting for Tytn III with VGA, and I have my dream device.
Common HTC, it can't be that difficult to fulfil that one wish!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:38 AM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

64mb RAM would be a show stopper. Opera i just usable on my 6800. Need 128mb RAM! 128mb RAM + 500mhz + VGA + Opera + full landscaps qwerty = AWESOME!!

This may be the first device that really makes me consider switching to GSM...

If my wallet can handle it. I dont even care for GPS. I just wish my 6800 had a VGA screen, more ram and faster cpu.