Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 09-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Free From Walls and Outlets: Win A Proporta USB Mobile Device Charger

"Plug any USB powered mobile device (phone, iPod, digital camera etc.) into the battery's standard USB port and recharge anywhere. Even power hungry devices like the iPod 5G will recharge and play for up to three times longer when connected to the Proporta USB Mobile Device Charger (USB Rechargeable Battery) and you can recharge your mobile, Smartphone or PDA anywhere."

Alright, here's a seriously awesome accessory that I'm sure everyone here will want. I bought one of these when they came out and love it - on weekend trips I NEVER charge from a wall outlet! Now my device can charge sitting in my bag without worrying about leaving the device, charger, or cable behind! Couple that with the piece of mind that it will be there to give you power diety-forbid that your device is dead in the middle of a desert in july with no water, car, camel, or guide, and you've got a pretty nice package. We've got a few of these to give away, so here's how you can get one:

1. Post how you'd use one of these things, and/or how they would have helped you out of a jam in the past!
2. Post before Sept 21, 12:00 PM TST (Thoughts Standard Time, AKA MDT).
3. I'll pick randomly from those who meet both criteria (which means just posting "I want one" will NOT qualify you. I want comments and stories people - it makes my life more interesting!).

Good luck!

Old 09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
burtcom
Intellectual

I want one of these things -- just in case

I keep my ETEN phone and ipod 5G plugged in as much as possible, so I rarely run out of juice on my normal work week.

Once in a while though, I get to go on a cross-country trip, and since neither device is famous for long battery life, it would be handy for that rechage while waiting for connecting flights.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:21 PM
SpencerAR
Pupil

I've got a Compaq iPAQ that has a tendency to run low on power when I least want it to. The abililty to recharge it and it's (soon-to-be acquired) successor from the same device on a moment's notice would be a REALLY nice thing to have.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
CTSLICK
Sage

My wife calls its the "$2000 bag"...I call it my "electronic survival kit". Its a Brenthaven laptop bag that I take with me when travelling. It contains everything I need to be connected if I want to...including a myriad of chargers to support my iPod, PSP, cell phone etc etc. Its so easy to forget one of them. Nothing sadder than a dead piece of electronics.

Its also easy to find your self in a situation where you just need extended battery life.

For all of these reasons the Proporta USB Mobile Device Charger should be mine...please

Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
bkerrins
Intellectual

Mine would have to be on a trip to Hawaii a few years back. I got my nice shiny brand new PDA/Phone that I'm showing off. We are driving in the car and my wife asks where some restraunt or something is...I'm totally prepared to google the location and have the answer in no time. Only to realize I didn't bring a car charger and forgot to use the wall plug the night before. Dead phone, dead pda... egg on my face.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:11 PM
doc
Intellectual

I carry practically everything in my gadget bag. To have it charge while in the bag is just plain cool.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:12 PM
tddisc
Pupil

On long flights to Kosovo from the US, additional power would be awesome. Even at the theoretical best battery life, my devices just don't last the 20 some hours. (the one exception was on a US flight when there was a 110AC outlet next to my seat)

Plus, having the option to charge my iPod or iPaq battery without being tethered to a wall would be great.

TD

Old 09-14-2007, 06:17 PM
mm
Pupil

As a busy physician, I need access to and enter information on my QTEK 9000 many times during a long day in the hospital. To be able to carry a small backup charger would be very helpful since I do not have access to a briefcase or an office and have to carry everything in a pocket in my scrubs. This charger would be perfect.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
karen
Thinker

I can't count the number of cords/doodads I have to schlep along on my weekly business trips. Any technology that might help reduce the weight of my carry one bag would be a blessing.

I'd really like, too, to be able to charge in situations where I don't want to be running a cord in a public area -- like a meeting room or airport waiting area.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Frank Flynn
Neophyte
Default Very handy for geocaching.

Frustration is Geocaching and being on the third leg of a multi-cache when suddenly the display goes dead on my iPAQ. Aarghhhhh. There goes a waste of an hour and a half. Luckily I can still find my way back to the car. This would be a great tool to have when when trying to power a Pocket PC and BT GPS while on the go!
- Thanks for considering me!