Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Palm Finally Releases Treo 700w/wx Updater 1.22, With DUN

http://www.palm.com/us/support/down...er/verizon.html

Long-suffering Verizon 700w readers, here it finally is: a ROM update from Palm that adds the following features. (Verizon 700wx users already have some of this functionality, so check the linked-to page to see if you need it.)
  • Official Bluetooth (and USB) DUN support;
  • A2DP support;
  • Today screen enhancements;
  • Hands-free and dialing enhancements.
Great additions, but what took them so long in releasing this update? Just as the 700w is on its way out? :roll: Anyway, if any of you try it (and we always recommend a backup before you do), please report back as to how it works.

Update: Looks like Palm has pulled the release due to data network stability issues. We'll update you when we have more details.

Another update: Looks like the update is back!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:32 PM
crmanriq
Neophyte
Default Re: Palm Finally Releases Treo 700w/wx Updater 1.22, With DUN

Installed the update last night. I now have a brick. Verizon is overnighting me a new phone. The tech support guy I talked to said that as soon as I told him I had a 700w, he said to himself "we're sending this guy a phone". Apparently the updater program that is run via activesync was bricking phones all day. There is a version they put up that will allow you to update via memory card that the tech said hasn't seen any bricks yet.

Argh.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:02 PM
redifrogger
Ponderer

That's funny - it updated my 700w just fine - not a single problem. 8O

Old 07-18-2007, 04:26 PM
rtrueman
Ponderer

My installation failed the first time on my 700w. It finished on the 700w the second time, but the installer didn't complete. I disconnected, terminated the program and I've been okay except for a re-load of Pocket Quicken.

Rob

Old 07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
redifrogger
Ponderer

I thought my installer didn't finish either - just stayed on last screen for long time. And then finally it did. I think it's just a very, very long last part for update. But who knows. Glad you got yours working too. In a way I hoping it wouldn't work and I could request a 700wx as replacement.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Daviddare73
Neophyte
Send a message via AIM to Daviddare73 Send a message via MSN to Daviddare73 Send a message via Yahoo to Daviddare73
Default Verizon 700w 1.2 Updater/Brickmaker.

Hello there,
I tried to do the update/upgrade when I got the email in my inbox with all the instructions. I clicked the links, read the warnings, and benefits, then I made all necessary preparations. I did a soft re-set, then made sure the battery was fully charged, did a sync, made sure activesync was connected, but not running. Made sure no programs were running on either device, I own a HP Pavilion dv5190us laptop. Made all connections, and set the wheel in motion, I let it sit a while before looking at the progress, after 20 minutes, I look at the screens, and the Updater program was frozen on my laptop, at 3 minutes and 49 seconds, the screen on my Treo had a Blue number centered at the top; 3.10, directly under that, red numbers; 2.18.00, then the typical Treo start up logo, with the Orange bar over the 'e'. No status bar though, so it won't do anything else. I called Verizon, who called Palm, who said I now owned a 'brick', gave me a service request number to call back Verizon, to request they replace my phone. I called and there is supposed to be a replacement here on Monday. I hope I can successfully update the new one. I waited an hour after the freeze before resetting my computer, because it froze as well, but it is easily rebooted. The Treo was ruined. I waited a whole 24 hours and when I replaced the battery, the same screen is there, lol. oooops! I don't know what went wrong, but I did the first updater successfully, no problems. I dunno what the problem was, I will delete my copy, and redownload a new copy, may be I got a funny link? I know there was an error message when I first tried to unzip the Updater 1.2 file. Don't know why, hopefully they'll figure it out when they get my phone back. Peace, Daviddare73

Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Update (to ping those of you with thread notifications): Apparently, it's back. I haven't tried downloading it though.

--janak