Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default DinarSoft Readying MemMaid 2.0 and Wants Your Ideas

http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/

The screenshot above is a quick teaser of MemMaid 2.0, which DinarSoft will be releasing on July 10. But that's not the end of the road. The company would like to know what features you hope to see in MemMaid 2.x and beyond. Post them here and they just might be implemented in upcoming versions of MemMaid.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:13 PM
buzzard
Theorist

Need MemMaid for the Motorola Q....please hurry !!!!

Also, I like the look of this new version for my PPC as well.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 PM
srmz
Ponderer

First I would like to see a RAM Defragmenter / Cleaner which actually works. Not just a gimmick like the ' Reclaim RAM ' as on my current version 1.73

Then I would like to see a memory management tool which could enable the use of the Memory Card as a "Virtual RAM"

Kind Regards

Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 PM
DinarSoft
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard
Need MemMaid for the Motorola Q....please hurry !!!!

Also, I like the look of this new version for my PPC as well.
Unfortunately, the smartphone support is not going to be in this version.
However, we'll start working on it right after the release of MemMaid 2.0

Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 PM
DinarSoft
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmz
First I would like to see a RAM Defragmenter / Cleaner which actually works. Not just a gimmick like the ' Reclaim RAM ' as on my current version 1.73

Then I would like to see a memory management tool which could enable the use of the Memory Card as a "Virtual RAM"

Kind Regards
Our "Reclaim RAM" is improved big time in this new version (for WM5 devices and above), we'd love to hear from you again once the new version is released.

For the Virtual RAM part, that sounds like a very interesting idea, it might not be feasible but we'll forward it to our development team for future releases.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

I want to see the softkeys work. And less screen interaction as well.

As it is, when I run Quick Clean, I have to tap the screen to run the full version of MemMaid as (afaict) there's no hardware interaction implemented there other than the OK button closing it. And when I run the full version, I have softkey functionality until I use any of the on-screen functions, at which point I lose softkey functionality.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
srbarts
Pupil

A way of accessing and deleteing databases including those that contain the PIM information. That would have been a major help 2 days ago when my database became corrupt and I had to hard reset to resolve the problem rather than delete all PIM info and reinstate it via active sync.

Version 2.1 please??

Old 07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
DinarSoft
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbarts
A way of accessing and deleteing databases including those that contain the PIM information. That would have been a major help 2 days ago when my database became corrupt and I had to hard reset to resolve the problem rather than delete all PIM info and reinstate it via active sync.

Version 2.1 please??
Actually ...

This is already in MemMaid 2.0

Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
schmenge
Intellectual

*Full support for one-handed operation

*Ability to schedule cleanups (so that I can run cleanup before my auto backup).

*Love a way to "protect" individual cookies from deletion (ideally once I select a given cookie to be protected I do not have to do this again).

Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 PM
DinarSoft
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
I want to see the softkeys work. And less screen interaction as well.

As it is, when I run Quick Clean, I have to tap the screen to run the full version of MemMaid as (afaict) there's no hardware interaction implemented there other than the OK button closing it. And when I run the full version, I have softkey functionality until I use any of the on-screen functions, at which point I lose softkey functionality.
Hmm, we'll try to see if we can do something about the softkeys in the next few days (before the release).

Thanks for the thought.