Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Exosyphen Studios PocketPC Battery and Memory Monitor

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/...oductId=209675&

"PocketPC Battery and Memory Monitor, displays the battery charge percent, estimated remaining battery time, and available storage memory, on the today screen of your PocketPC. "

It's another battery/memory monitor - enuff said. There's a lot of choice out there for these types of apps (both commercial and freeware), but if this takes your fancy, you can check it out through our affiliate link. PocketPC Battery and Memory Monitor retails for $7.45 and, as always, beware the download protection charge.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:06 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

If it gives you 30 hours of battery life, the $7.45 may be worth it.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
jalex
Ponderer
Default Nice to have but...

I'd used one of these in the past but it never "learned" the characteristics of my battery, i.e. when I'm at 80% how much battery time remaining does that really mean, especially if I then turn on flight mode? I wonder if this is any smarter?

As we all know, Today screen real-estate is expensive and this thing is actually too big for me. I'd want one integrated into my Spb.

Finally, how about color-coding the part of the percentage bar that has actually been used to indicate how "hard" it got used? For example, say my battery is at 40% right now, the 60% to the right end of the battery bar (the part that's been used) would contain stripes of color: red stripes might mean the juice was consumed at 1%/min, yellow stripes for 10%/hour or whatever, just to give me an indication of my own usage pattern. oh, and of course, it should learn my and my battery's characteristics too, so it can better estimate my time remaining.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Peter Traugot
Ponderer

It's always nice to see a new face in software dev. But to be honest, with all the as-builds in this genre, it would be advisable to let this one go for free, call it experience points, and move on with a more decidedly unique offering.

M2C.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
isajoo
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to isajoo

Old 07-06-2007, 01:27 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Re: Nice to have but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex
Finally, how about color-coding the part of the percentage bar that has actually been used to indicate how "hard" it got used?
I use a custom skin for Wisbar Advance 2 to achieve much the same effect, with the battery/memory meter on the menubar (takes up very little space) - though the color changes are coded for the unused part, not the used portion.