Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default iContact v0.2: iPhone-Style Contact Scrolling

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc...ntact-v0-2.html

"iContact is a simple contacts applications for your Windows Mobile device which will help you scroll your contact list in iPhone style by sliding down your finger in the screen ! It's really amazing and if you get used to it iContact could be one of your everyday apps. The app is very basic, it only lists contacts in scrollable list. I use it for accessing my contacts by scrolling the list with fingers, similar to iPhone. Just tap, drag and release."

The description (and video) really say it all. It's freely available at the above link, although I don't know how long this program will stay up until Apple notices.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM
johncruise
Theorist
Send a message via MSN to johncruise

nice app. works with Cingular 8125/HTC Wizard, but is slow. Lags a lot of time. I'll try it with my A730W later.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

It's an interesting alternative. I find that I can scroll much faster through the list with the corner of a fingernail than with a stylus or finger.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor
Default Re: iContact v0.2: iPhone-Style Contact Scrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
It's freely available at the above link, although I don't know how long this program will stay up until Apple notices.
Except for the interface that launches it, I don't think Apple can complain too much. Doesn't work like an iPhone in my opinion, works like flicks on a Vista based tablet. Flicks were around before the iPhone was announced and certainly before it will be available.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:58 AM
aNiMeMaN14
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to aNiMeMaN14

I don't see what Apple can possibly say regarding why this should be removed, other than "We're douchebags who are trying too hard". There is nothing about this app that even remotely yells "Apple" in my mind.

With that said, I definitely think this is a cool program, however, MUCH is left to be desired. If the scrolling effect could somehow be integrated to the Contacts already installed on WM, then this could definitely be a contender for a good product. In fact, Microsoft should have thought of integrating something like this to Contacts, as well as other WM-based apps. There is nothing infringing about this, and it makes the aesthetic of the OS much much nicer than the mundane look it sports currently.

Works great on my Wizard.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNiMeMaN14
I don't see what Apple can possibly say regarding why this should be removed, other than "We're douchebags who are trying too hard". There is nothing about this app that even remotely yells "Apple" in my mind.
Apple's historically been a little too lawsuit-happy, but you're right, maybe they'll leave this one alone.

--janak

Old 06-13-2007, 02:47 PM
DaViD_BRaNDoN
Intellectual

Nice... Any other similar iPhone-like apps for Windows Mobile? Maybe a similar one for the Calendar, Tasks, Notes? :idea:

Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Kavik
Neophyte

Can't get it to work on my Toshiba E800 (VGA)...anyone else have luck on a VGA model?

-Kav