Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default BirdieSync Lets Windows Mobile Play Nice with Thunderbird

http://www.birdiesync.com/home.html

"BirdieSync� allows synchronization of your contacts, appointments, tasks and mails between Pocket Outlook� on your mobile with Thunderbird� and Lightning� or Sunbird� on your PC. Based on ActiveSync� technology and the Windows Mobile Device Center, items are synchronized as soon as your mobile is connected to your PC. Every creation, modification or deletion of a contact, appointment, task or mail on one of the devices are automatically transferred to the other one. So you only have one address book and calendar to manage and you can consult and manage your mails on your mobile. Your information is always up to date."

If you're a Thunderbird and Windows Mobile user and want the two products to communicate with each other, check out BirdieSync. The sync solution supports ActiveSync and the Windows Mobile Device Center, so there's no discriminating against Vista users this time around.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I don't use Thunderbird, but I'm THRILLED to see someone create a sync solution for a free email client - because Microsoft apparently doesn't care enough to. :?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:39 PM
T-Will
Sage

I wonder when someone will release a full sync solution for the Google apps. I guess Google would need to add a "Tasks" and "Notes" feature first.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:05 PM
TOCA
Intellectual

Now if only that was a freeware too, then the world would be a nice place 8)

OK, its way cheaper, than buying a new MS Outlook, but conciddering that the other two birds are for free, then anny app for them should bee that too :?