Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 04-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Orange SPV M700 (HTC Trinity) Reviewed

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobil...nge-SPV-M700/p1

"Orange has as long history of supporting Microsoft�s Windows Mobile platform in a range of devices that come under a group heading of SPV. The SPV M700 is a new entrant to the line-up and if you�ve seen HTC�s P3600 then it will look very familiar. The SPV M700 in many ways takes over where the M600 left off. Similar in size and shape, it is no surprise that coming a year on the M700 adds a raft of new features including 3G support."

Sporting GPS, tri-band UMTS, and HSDPA, the SPV M700 was launched a couple of months back. Trustedreviews.com has a three page review of the SPV M700 detailing most of the salient aspects of this Orange iteration of the Trinity - it's not the latest and greatest but it's got enough power and frills to fulfill most needs, plus that black livery is geeky-cool .

Old 04-27-2007, 04:15 PM
ignar
Thinker

Quite impressive. I've always wanted a slim 3G PocketPC phone without a slide keyboard, and this seems to fit the bill nicely.

Can this phone be used with GSM carriers only? Then any US carriers are going to carry this one soon?

Old 04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
JesterMania
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignar
Quite impressive. I've always wanted a slim 3G PocketPC phone without a slide keyboard, and this seems to fit the bill nicely.

Can this phone be used with GSM carriers only? Then any US carriers are going to carry this one soon?
This is a quad-band GSM/tri-band UMTS+HSDPA phone so yes, it works with any GSM carrier.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:50 AM
smashie
Neophyte

I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and I've got to admit it's the best pda/phone I've ever had

Old 04-28-2007, 03:22 PM
MTM
Pupil

"...until you realise that the M700 has a SiRFstar III GPS antenna built into it..."

Except it's not SiRFstar III but Qualcomm's gpsOne solution. It still puzzles me how people without real insight gets to review such devices :roll:

Old 04-29-2007, 06:22 AM
dcortez
Neophyte

i have the HTC Trinity branded version of this device, including TomTom 6 and it works very well in the US. GPS works great, wifi works without issue, and internet connection sharing feature is also great with Cingular 3G service.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 PM
jmendels
Neophyte
Default Where can this device be purchased?

Maybe my googling skills are not up to par, but I can't seem to find a place where I could purchase this device.

Also, somebody mentioned an "HTC version" of the device. Could someone explain to me what that means?

Thanks! -Joseph

Old 05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Re: Where can this device be purchased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmendels
Also, somebody mentioned an "HTC version" of the device. Could someone explain to me what that means?
As in the title of this topic, the SPV M700 is a variant of the HTC Trinity platform. HTC aka High Tech Computer Corp, are the ODM manufacturers for most of the Windows Mobile devices on the market, including virtually all the WM devices offered through carriers (yes that includes Palm too). They've recently branched out into offering their devices under their own name, rather than having them re-branded by other companies.

You can get an (I suspect) incomplete list of the different model numbers of the Trinity here.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:47 PM
ignar
Thinker
Default Re: Where can this device be purchased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmendels
Maybe my googling skills are not up to par, but I can't seem to find a place where I could purchase this device.

Thanks! -Joseph
I don't think Trinity has been officially introduced to US market yet (by HTC or any carriers). You can purchase one via eBay though.