Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default m300 Mobile Phone Watch and MP3 Player - Pretty Sweet!

http://www.digitalreviews.net/news/...mp3-player.html

"How good is this, Dick Tracey? Talk and SMS like all the secret service agents do, right there where everyone will notice: on your wrist. The sleek looking M300 seems to have all the features that are needed and then some. Starting with Tri-band GSM and Bluetooth and some MP3 capability to soothe your ears after some serious yakking! The M300 is being developed right here in Australia and will be available from March 15. We have been promised a review unit so we will report on its goodness shortly. Check full details below and choose your colour...The Business Development Manager of SMS Technology Australia sent me a slew of pictures of the M300 but they were too dark for publication. Maybe they wanted to keep the details secret for a while longer."

You know, I've been looking for a new watch... and this one looks pretty nice. Unlike other Bluetooth watches I've seen (Which look rather limited), this device seems to be a pretty packed small phone. I don't know if I'd give up my Treo for this thing every day, but perhaps a weekend getaway where the phone was just for emergencies... What do you guys / gals think - ready to wear your phone on your wrist? It looks pretty sleek...!

Old 02-09-2007, 06:45 PM
jmulder
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to jmulder

Let me be the first to say (with tongue planted firmly in cheek) that without 3G nobody will buy this.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:31 PM
jgrnt1
Theorist

We're still debating whether holding a phone to your head for a short amount of time each day causes health problems. What about having a phone stuck directly to your body for 16+ hours every day (assuming you remove your watch before going to sleep)?

Old 02-09-2007, 08:17 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrnt1
We're still debating whether holding a phone to your head for a short amount of time each day causes health problems. What about having a phone stuck directly to your body for 16+ hours every day (assuming you remove your watch before going to sleep)?
I guess your hand will fall off :twisted:

Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virain
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrnt1
I guess your hand will fall off :twisted:
Since most people wear their watches on their non-dominant hand, I suppose it won't be much missed :mrgreen:

Old 02-09-2007, 10:07 PM
stllhogan
Ponderer

I love how this looks and seems like it would be pretty interesting but more of a novelty. if someone needs your phone it's harder to hand it to them and awkward to hold while talking for a long period of time. I'd be afraid i'd be a bit cumbersome. price is going to be the biggest hindrance for me. I'm expecting something high and to much of a novelty, but a good watch is pricey. i'll wait till it comes out to make my opinion on it, looks great price aside.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
bkerrins
Intellectual

I'm actually quite interested in this. When I go for a run in the morning (ok, slow jog) I would much rather have one of these on than try to carry a PPC phone. I think vacation is another good example, while I love having a phone at Disneyland so we can coordinate with others in the party, I would rather have something small on my wirst than carry around a traditional phone. A phone won't always fit in shorts (either no pockets or it needs a phone case), I worry about leaving it behind in on of the cars. The MP3 part I don't need, but a really tiny phone is cool.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:27 AM
regtien
Neophyte

I think the key to talking to the m300 would be thru the bluetooth connection and having a headset! Same with the mp3.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:44 AM
VisualMonster
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to VisualMonster

Wow! I want one. Any word on cost yet?

Old 02-10-2007, 06:46 AM
felixdd
Philosopher
Send a message via ICQ to felixdd Send a message via AIM to felixdd Send a message via MSN to felixdd Send a message via Yahoo to felixdd

If it has expandable memory, decent battery life, and good reception, I'm all over it!

I can see it especially useful when I'm on my jogs.