Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default More Athena Pics!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/31/...viewed-in-pics/

"If that last round of HTC Athena pics didn't quench your thirst for all things shiny and detachable, you may want to head over to the blog of one Lucretius, who's managed to get his hands on one of the coveted devices and snap shots of every nook and cranny of it."

As if you haven't had enough, a blogger in Singapore has taken a whole bunch of photos of the Dopod U1000/HTC Athena in action. Go on, indulge!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 PM
ecsk2
Intellectual

Is anyone else puzzled by the design of this device?

I mean hasn't the PPC typical format proven itself, even gone through a comeback when it comes to design.

Isn't one of th emain ideas behind a PPC that it can be used anywhere mobile, whereas this seems to be designed to be used on a table, but then at the same time it seems to be a thumbboard?

I am sorry but I fail to see the purpose of this design, if someone else has a logical explanation please share it!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsk2

I mean hasn't the PPC typical format proven itself, even gone through a comeback when it comes to design.
Funnily enough, there have been many users who have criticized HTC for sticking to conventional designs, so they see a device such as the Athena as a welcome change. I think you'll find that over the coming years, manufacturers won't hesitate to try something new, especially with Apple's innovative iPhone now acting as competition in this burgeoning industry.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:53 PM
ecsk2
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsk2

Funnily enough, there have been many users who have criticized HTC for sticking to conventional designs, so they see a device such as the Athena as a welcome change. I think you'll find that over the coming years, manufacturers won't hesitate to try something new, especially with Apple's innovative iPhone now acting as competition in this burgeoning industry.
I can see where that would be coming from with what like 90% if not 99% of the Windows Mobile devices being from HTC and thereby having just about all the same layout and solutions.

But what I do not get on this device is why not stick to things that have proven to work and being liked, this especially in regards to this keyboard this keyboard seems to go back to Timex Sinclair 1500 era