Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default SFR Software Releases 1-2-Remote for WMP and iTunes

http://www.sfr-software.de/12remoteen/

"1-2-Remote is a remote control for your Pocket PC to control Windows Media Player or iTunes on your PC or laptop - everywhere at home! No matter you're having a party, taking a bath or just relaxing on your sofa - 1-2-Remote puts the music in your hands. No need to reach your PC!"

Interesting software - I'm sure some of you wished you had something like this, especially with iTunes integration. I know the question does come up now and again in the forum, though at the price SFR are quoting ($19.95), I'm not sure it's worth it. There's a 14-day trial, anybody game to give this a try and tell everybody else how well it works?

Old 01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

It was sold for 5 euros a week ago (see this). For that money, it would have been a bargain.

For the current price, well, I don't know. There are certainly better remote media controllers at this proce segment. I'll publish an article / roundup on ALL these questions really soon; based on it, you'll be able to decide whether it's worth going for this title or not.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Birdman
Theorist
Default PlayerPal

I have never seen this one, but I use PlayerPal to control itunes remotely. It works great, both from my PSP or any handheld.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:07 AM
bigneeker
Pupil

Menneisyys: can you give me a list of some programs that do similar things to this?
im looking for one that is true-vga compatible and that i can browse by folder (not id3 tags).

thanks

Old 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
TMAN
Ponderer

I use Salling Clicker. The software runs on both Mac and PC over Bluetooth and WiFi.

Windows Mobile 5 devices, older Nokia S60 phones, the new Sony Ericsson W900i, and Cingular-branded Sony Ericsson Z520a and W600i phones. It also supports Palm.

It also does more than just connecting to iTunes and Windows Media Player.

www.salling.com
Current: iPhone, HTC AdvantagePast: 200LX,Newton 120,MP 2100,PalmPilot,Velo1, 620LX,660LX,HP's 680,690,568,REX5000,TriPad,Clio-1050,z50,E-115,E-125,Visor Prism,Aero 2130, iPAQs 3650,3670,3850,3870,5450, Toshiba e740, 128MB iPAQ 3970, iPAQ 5555, Treo 600, Treo 650, PPC-6700

Old 02-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Tomcat
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys
It was sold for 5 euros a week ago (see this). For that money, it would have been a bargain.

For the current price, well, I don't know. There are certainly better remote media controllers at this proce segment. I'll publish an article / roundup on ALL these questions really soon; based on it, you'll be able to decide whether it's worth going for this title or not.
I don't think you will find ANY software for Pocket PC with
this easy-to-use interface and functionality: Keeping our eyes
on the primary topic of "remote management of your music library" :-)

1-2-Remote is designed from scratch for this issue and provides
nearly unique performance even on large music libraries.

There may be many other remote controls, that can control
more applications but only deliver basic remote functionality
and a passable user interface.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigneeker
Menneisyys: can you give me a list of some programs that do similar things to this?
im looking for one that is true-vga compatible and that i can browse by folder (not id3 tags).

thanks
Rudeo, Zerama Remote, Kiwisrus Pocket Media Control etc. 1-2-Remote indeed looks prettier than most these titles on VGA devices and has some advantages over them (for example, the lower CPU usage when there's no title scrolling).

I'll elaborate on all thee q's in the forthcoming article.