Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default GearDiary Reviews the i.Tech Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard

http://www.geardiary.com/?p=2007

"This past month with the i.Tech Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for me. During this time, I have managed to learn way more about Bluetooth Stacks and Windows XP Service Pack 2 upgrades than I ever wanted to know�but I�m getting ahead of myself already, and we wouldn�t want that�"

So much for plug and play. :roll: Judie Hughes continues her look at the i.Tech Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard where i.Tech Virtual Keyboard Unboxing left off. Like Judie, I think the idea of a virtual keyboard is cool. In practice however... Have you tried a virtual keyboard? Anyone really love it?

Old 01-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

Looks neat on your desk and it ends there.

Two of the guys in my office bought 'em together when they were much harder to get and a lot more expensive, and I can't imagine they could've wasted their money in a more profound way. You can't touchtype (obviously) but it doesn't register a lot of "key" presses also. It's just problem after problem.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent M Ferrari
You can't touchtype (obviously) but it doesn't register a lot of "key" presses also. It's just problem after problem.
The lack of tactile response is a killer for me. Still, in theory it's a neat idea.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

I have one too, and actually find that it works pretty well...but...I'm not a touch typist. Haven't found one of those that likes it to be sure. If you aren't a touch typist, and don't mind the cost, it is significantly more portable than most other keyboard solutions, except maybe the roll up cloth one. I hear that is like typing on marshmallows so it may not be any more exciting for touch typists than this one.

It does have a certain cool factor, and is quicker to get up and running for a quick email or IM session. Even I wouldn't use it for any long sessions. I am waiting for the technology to just be included in PPCs. You fold out a little integrated stand in the back of the PPC, turn the keyboard on, type a response, and turn it off. That's gonna be convinient.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:36 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

As an external device, it doesn't do it for me. Now, once they start integrating these emitters into the PDA's themselves, then you might have something.