Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default HTC Herald = VPA Compact IV

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3515

"From today, Vodafone Germany is selling the HTC Herald Windows Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition as VPA compact IV. The HTC Herald is, more or less, HTC's 2.5G follower of the HTC Wizard, since both devices supports 2.5G only but not 3G and both features a slide-out keyboard - while the Herald features a semi-automatic sliding mechanism now. Other features and improvements are that the Herald is just 17 mm thick, hosts a large internal memory of 128 MB ROM and 64 MB RAM and the Herald is a true international roamer since it supports quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE as well as it supports Bluetooth and WiFi b/g - for sure."

Arne over at the::unwired brings news of the release by Vodafone of the HTC Herald as the VPA compact IV (Just once I'd like to see a manufacturer use the same codename HTC used during development - come on, names like "Wizard", "Universal", and "Apache" would be cool names for a phone!). For only 279,00 Euro (Subsidized) this little beauty can be yours.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:02 AM
MitchellO
Oracle

As I recalled Telecom New Zealand called their versions of the Apache and Harrier by their codenames.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Muntasser
Intellectual

I'm on a personal crusade - please do NOT buy ANY PPC with the TI OMAP 200mhz CPU. In this day and age it is unacceptable. Even overclocked to 260mhz, the performance is weak.

I speak from personal experience as an owner of the imate JAMin, aka HTC Prophet.

Unless you want to use your PPC as a glorified calendar, trust me - you will regret it! It's slow and tremendously reduces the functionality of your device.

At the very least, please play with the device or a friends one beforehand; for example try watching any video in divx.