Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 12-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default pocketnow.com Reviews Spb Mobile DVD

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?...=reviews&id=892

"Our Windows Mobile devices are great for taking movies on the go. Converting movies and DVD to a more pocketable format can be a bit of chore if you don't have the right program. Spb Software has a brand-new solution, and we're one of the first to take a thorough look at a tool that you may find very useful. The new program, Mobile DVD, promises to deliver a solution to meet all of your needs. So is Spb Mobile DVD a box office hit? Grab some popcorn and read on to find out!"

The Spb Mobile DVD reviews are slowly pouring in, and so far, they've been positive. Have any of you tried it? If so, share your experiences here.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
rdrose61
Pupil

I tried the trial... A little difficult to gauge the video quality with the trial watermark imposed on image.

I tried only the .avi 640x480 output. I am not as concerned with extremely small size but look for quality and cross device compatibility. My avi rips are viewed on various PPCs and my wife's Zen Vision:M (ZVM). I choose 640x480 for the video output of the ZVM.

This app encoded fast but was very limited in options. I'll be sticking with my current encoder, PocketDivXEncoder. Although, I may recommend the SPB app to casual users looking for speed and simplicity.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:39 AM
protochu
Neophyte

I was actually a beta tester for SPB Mobile DVD, and even from the first Beta version, it did exactly what I always wanted. Up until then, I was using a combo of DVD Decrypter and AGK, which took anywhere from 2-4 hours for a 1 hour show! Mobile DVD is fast, with a very simple, intuitive design. It is crammed full of features, even with the simple interface. I would recommend it to anybody!

I own a Dell Axim X51v, and the quality is AMAZING! Even with such a small file size, I cant notice the difference between a movie encoded with Mobile DVD and one of my huge 1 gigger movies encoded with AGK.