Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 08-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default pocketnow Reviews MobiTV

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=po...=reviews&id=847

"Do you want to watch more television? Do you find it difficult to catch your favorite shows because you are away from the TV so often? Do you own a Palm Treo 700w, Sprint PPC 6700, Cingular 2125, Cingular 8125 or Motorola Q Windows Mobile Phone? If the answer to these questions is "yes" then I have the product for you... MobiTV. MobiTV lets you watch live streaming television on your handheld. Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it? Read on to see if it's a good service."

I find the concept of a streaming TV subscription attractive if the price is right, the selection is good, and the quality decent. Jeffrey over at pocketnow takes a look with his 700w and reports on how well this service, newly available on Pocket PCs, works.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:38 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

I would be interested to see a comparison by a user who has also used ORB and the Sling client.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnoB
I would be interested to see a comparison by a user who has also used ORB and the Sling client.
and does anyone have a solution for setting up your own stream? I find orb tends to overly reduce the resolution.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:37 PM
x51vuser
Ponderer

Do they still broadcast Discovery channel in Spanish but not in English ?!