Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Exchange Server 2007 Beta 2 Publicly Available

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/...angeFFESPR.mspx

"Microsoft Corp. today announced availability of the public betas of Microsoft� Exchange Server 2007 and the new Forefront Security for Exchange Server. Exchange Server 2007 builds on the leading e-mail, messaging and calendaring server with new features for improved security, remote and mobile access, compliance management, and unified messaging. Forefront Security for Exchange Server helps provide advanced protection against viruses, worms and spam, and is the first product available under the recently announced Microsoft Forefront brand for business security products."

Beta 2 of the 2007 version of Exchange Server (our push e-mail "buddy") is now available for public consumption. Also available is Forefront Security for Exchange, which offers corporate-level anti-virus and anti-spam protection. You'll find plenty of new enhancements in the former - including a host of improvements in mobile messaging and unified communications. You can download the beta or order a DVD kit of Exchange Server 2007 by clicking here, and likewise with Forefront Security for Exchange by clicking here.

Update: If you're having trouble downloading Exchange Server 2007 Beta 2, you can grab it from the Download Center. [Thanks, Filip]

Old 07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
manywhere
Theorist
Send a message via MSN to manywhere

But, as of currently, it isn't possible to download Microsoft Exchange server 2007 Beta 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft Web Server
The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page.
Have to wait a few minutes more... ? :?

Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by manywhere
Have to wait a few minutes more... ? :?
I'd say wait a few minutes/hours. The Forefront Security download only just went live, so perhaps the Exchange Server 2007 download is lagging as well.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
manywhere
Theorist
Send a message via MSN to manywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
I'd say wait a few minutes/hours.
Hours, apparently.

I am currently still redirected to the wrong download page, but I did a search now for Exchange 2007 and found the download which is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

(That URL didn't exist earlier today, though...)

Old 07-25-2006, 03:50 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Hours, apparently.
Grumble, grumble. This always happens with major betas.

Quote:
I am currently still redirected to the wrong download page, but I did a search now for Exchange 2007 and found the download which is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

(That URL didn't exist earlier today, though...)
Nice catch. I'll update my original post.