Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Dopod's CHT 9000 (HTC Hermes) From Every Angle

http://www.mml.com.tw/newsdetail.php?id=1337

If you love eye candy, then head over to Mobile Life for a look at the Dopod CHT 9000 (HTC Hermes). It's comparable to the HTC Magician in both length and width, but just a little thicker (due to the inclusion of a slide-out QWERTY keyboard). microSD woes aside, there are plenty of features to salivate over: for example, a Samsung 400MHz CPU, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/W-CDMA support, and Windows Mobile 5.0 with the MSFP. Do any of you have this device? If so, your thoughts?

Old 07-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Shaun Stuart
Theorist

Some good features but the microSD rules this out for me. I listen to music on my O2 atom regularly and barely get by with the 2gb miniSD capacity. While the 3 g feature is tempting im going to wait for a device with built in wifi and gps that doesnt have a square screen - hopefully
that will be the htc trinity

Old 07-15-2006, 03:35 PM
MarcTGFG
Ponderer

actually there are 2 GB microSD cards available too for approx. 100 Euros.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Shaun Stuart
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTGFG
actually there are 2 GB microSD cards available too for approx. 100 Euros.
Interesting - can you provide a link - I looked on 3 or 4 sites including flashmemorystore.com and mobymemory.com where maximum capacity being sold is 1gb. I hear that 2gb will be coming eventually but not yet.

By that time 4gb miniSD should be out for the atom.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:38 PM
syabiku
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Stuart
Some good features but the microSD rules this out for me. I listen to music on my O2 atom regularly and barely get by with the 2gb miniSD capacity. While the 3 g feature is tempting im going to wait for a device with built in wifi and gps that doesnt have a square screen - hopefully
If you can choose a service with truly "unlimited" 3G usage, then just stream your music from your home's server. 3G should easily handle 128 kbps media files, maybe 256 kbps. No need for a memory card, and you'll have all your music to choose from. At least this will be my plan!

Old 07-15-2006, 07:12 PM
saru83
Thinker

awesome phone, 2gb microSD's should be out sometime soon, but whoever is claming that they r already available PLEASE provide a link :!:

Old 07-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Shaun Stuart
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by syabiku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Stuart
If you can choose a service with truly "unlimited" 3G usage, then just stream your music from your home's server. 3G should easily handle 128 kbps media files, maybe 256 kbps. No need for a memory card, and you'll have all your music to choose from. At least this will be my plan!
I agree that would be the ideal but i think the days of unlimited 3g are still a way off especially in the uk. Even t-mobiles unlimited web and walk scheme (arguably the best value ofering to date) has a "fair usage" policy.

Real unlimited use will come eventualy im sure - but until then its memory cards or internal storage im afraid.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:03 PM
neomotion
Pupil

Man, that is cool. I switched from MDA Compact (Qtek s100) to Mda Vario (Qtek 9100), and i am glad i did. The keyboard is awesome. But my only two regrets are the processor and the thickness. The Hermes solves these problems. Great news! I want this!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:41 AM
MarcTGFG
Ponderer

http://123handydiscount.de/suche/0/?...B&direct=1

Ready to ship in 1-3 days they say...