Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Omega One Releases 1-Calc v3

http://www.omegaone.com/calc/ppc/default.htm

If you're bored of the default Calculator application in Windows Mobile, then you may want to check out Omega One's latest release, 1-Calc v3. It's an all-in-one graphic/financial/statistical calculator with currency conversion support, memory banks, and more. Visit our affiliate software store for a free trial version.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:08 PM
PPCRules
Thinker

Wow, a $30 calculator. This puts the pricing of Handmark games in a better light.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:22 AM
GaryK
Pupil

I have this calculator for a couple of versions. Generally, I like it with (2) exceptions. I have a QTEK 9000 and in landscape (my main mode) it does not fill the screen It appears square. Second, startup is slow and usage is a slugage. I hoped these would have been addressed in this version, but they were not

Old 07-15-2006, 07:01 PM
drowe
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCRules
Wow, a $30 calculator. This puts the pricing of Handmark games in a better light.
It also doesn't seem to have an "upgrade" price..... Nowhere near enough new functionality to justify full price again!

Old 07-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus

Yeah there is an upgrade price, 9.99USD

Old 07-16-2006, 04:33 PM
quetopaq
Neophyte

I am with drowe on this one, regarding the added functionality to justify the increased price. Also, I agree with GaryK on the sluggish startup, and it is not really addressed in the new version (seem a tad bit faster, but then, in the demo version, the problem may be disguised by the trial days countdown message).

Still the best calculator out there though. I would be interested in an upgrade for 9.99. Where did you see that, Jerry?

Old 07-16-2006, 05:56 PM
GaryK
Pupil

The upgrade is posted on the web site home page.

http://www.omegaone.com/

When I downloaded the update from pocketgear, there was no mention of the upgrade price. Each time I run 3.0 after a reboot, I get a message register or run old version. I hate getting nag screens for something that I bought. I don't need the functionallity of the new upgrades. I just was it to be faster and fill up the screen. Otherwise, I like the product very much.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Faenad
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryK
Second, startup is slow and usage is a slugage. (
I agree too, I noticed this slowness of 1-calc even on fast PPC like the Ipaq 2210.
On a Qtek 9100 with a TI omap processor it was even worse, like 6-8sec just to launch.

I dropped 1-calc for trancreative MxCalculator a long time ago.
Just give it a try, for me MxCalculator + Mx Converter is the best calculator / converter on the market.
And it's sold at 15US$, half the price of 1-calc

Old 07-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryK
The upgrade is posted on the web site home page
Thanks for picking up the slack. I was trying to post from my mobile device and it wouldn't let me! :evil: