Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Raphael Salgado
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Raphael Salgado Send a message via AIM to Raphael Salgado Send a message via MSN to Raphael Salgado Send a message via Yahoo to Raphael Salgado
Default Details of HTC Trinity Revealed?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/01/...inity-revealed/

The technology fanboys at Engadget spotted what appears to be new information on the HTC Trinity. It's similar to the Hermes in technical specifications, but in the sturdy, keyboard-less form-factor of a the original Magician (which will always be my favorite Pocket PC Phone). Sporting front and rear-facing cameras, quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA (meaning HSDPA), Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, this could be a perfect alternative to those who don't need or want the keyboard, not to mention the possibility of quicker wear-and-tear with moving parts. No ETA or pricing yet.

Apparently, this mockup has gone through a little makeover from previously leaked information on this device. Still a looker, don't you think?

Old 07-01-2006, 03:40 PM
spangelsaregreat
Neophyte

Hi,

It is dissapointing that HTC are not trying to reduce the form factor of their devices yet.

I was a JAM user and now have a JAMin. It is great but it is on the limit of size to make it an everyday device.

I would like to see all dimensions (width, height and depth) all reduced by at least 5mm. I think this would open it up to a much larger audience.

Regards

Old 07-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Another one with microSD? It really looks like HTC wants nothing more to do with SD or miniSD. That's right, folks - open up your wallets and purses for another memory card investment. :|

Old 07-01-2006, 07:50 PM
aquanaut
Ponderer

I to detest the plethora of memory card variations, but as long as the smaller devices remain backward compatible (and include the invaluable SD-adapter), then I don't see this as necessarily a liability. Just a quick search now came up with a handful of retailers offering 1Gb Sandisk MicroSD (w/adapter) for under US$50. At least they've not adopted a Sony memory card format... that's my deal killer.

cheers

Old 07-01-2006, 08:05 PM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquanaut
I to detest the plethora of memory card variations, but as long as the smaller devices remain backward compatible (and include the invaluable SD-adapter), then I don't see this as necessarily a liability. Just a quick search now came up with a handful of retailers offering 1Gb Sandisk MicroSD (w/adapter) for under US$50.

Yeah but that's so we can use the teeny cards in big slots. You cannot use big cards in the teeny slots - and who would want to? If someone makes a big-to-little adaptor, you know it's gonna break!

Old 07-01-2006, 11:23 PM
macattack
Pupil
Default A Looker, But With Bad Buttons

I really don't like the buttons on this prototype. They're way too small. There's so much real estate on either side of the D-pad that the buttons could be increased in size to make them easier to locate/hit while attempting to use the device one-handed. I also think that buttons surrounding the D-pad so closely could cause unintentional button clicks when just trying to navigate. Finally, I like to see better associate between the location of the soft keys and their corresponding screen location.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:26 PM
msafi
Ponderer

It's nice that it has GPS and all...but where am I supposed to store all the maps, wikipedia, dictionary and programs when 1GB is as high as a MicroSD gets?

I don't have use for all the other features in this phone, so the real differentiator between the Trinity and Prophet is the GPS...

Old 07-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Dave Gummersheimer
Pupil
Default Why microSD????!!!

Why in the world do we need microSD? I don't think that anything should go any smaller that an SD card. It's really handy to be able to use the card in your camera and then take the card and put it into your PPCPE. without the need of an adapter I've been considering buying a 4gb card (SD) for my SX66. This would enable me to put a considerable amount of pictures, entire GPS maps of the USA, and a ton of music. You also don't need a pair of tweezers to install the card either :devilboy: :devilboy: