Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default MobiTV Launches Windows Mobile Support

http://www.mobitv.com/products/prod...=windows_mobile

"MobiTV, Inc., the global leader in television and digital radio services for cellular, WiFi and broadband enabled devices, today announced the immediate availability of the MobiTV� service for Windows Mobile powered phones and devices. Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphones feature full-screen viewing, a home-like electronic programming guide and much more...Available on new and popular devices including the Sprint 6700, Cingular 2125, Motorola Q and Palm's Treo 700w, consumers of MobiTV on Windows Mobile powered devices can access a broad range of channels from top-tier content providers."

MobiTV offers a subscription service that enables access to a number of channels, ranging from MSNBC to A&E to a number of sports channels, all available for streaming now on your Pocket PC Phone. I may have the opportunity to review this service, and it certainly looks promising, especially for EVDO devices like the 6700 and the 700w.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:54 PM
ikesler
Intellectual

I think I would rather just keep slinging my home television to my 6700... but that's just me... :wink:

Old 06-30-2006, 08:27 PM
haggisgirl
Neophyte

I subscribed/installed yesterday and so far have had no problems using my T-Mobile MDA with Edge service. I haven't done intensive testing yet but will next week while traveling on vacation.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesler
I think I would rather just keep slinging my home television to my 6700... but that's just me... :wink:
Sure, the Slingbox is a great option for many people. In my case, though, the cable tuner may be used in a different capacity at home when I want to watch it. I think it's great an increasing number of options are available for the mobile user.

--janak

Old 07-01-2006, 09:03 AM
ikesler
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
Sure, the Slingbox is a great option for many people. In my case, though, the cable tuner may be used in a different capacity at home when I want to watch it. I think it's great an increasing number of options are available for the mobile user.

--janak
yeah I understand that... I am lucky... I have 3 cable boxes in my place, so the one I am hooked to with my slingbox, no one is ever using. I guess I am lucky! 400 hundred channels on my 6700 at any time! Perfect!