Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 06-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Qool Labs Reveals the QDA Lite and QDA Icon

Above: QDA Lite (left) and QDA Icon (right)

If you think you've seen Qool Labs' new devices before, you probably have. Both the QDA Lite and QDA Icon are based on the Lite-On Phoenix 2 and a TechFaithWireless prototype respectively. Both were on show at CommunicAsia in Singapore this week.

The QDA Lite features an Intel PXA270 520MHz processor, 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM, tri-band GSM/GPRS support, 802.11b Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, USB Host, a 2.0-megapixel camera, an SDIO/SD/MMC slot, a 2.8" QVGA (240 x 320) TFT-LCD, 1240mAh battery, and Windows Mobile 5.0. It measures 114mm x 58mm x 18.7mm, and weighs 149g.

The QDA Icon specs are a little less detailed. What is known is that it features GSM/GPRS connectivity, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, a 4.0-megapixel CCD camera with flash, a 2.4" QVGA (240 x 320) TFT-LCD, and Windows Mobile 5.0. The page at the TechFaithWireless web site provides additional specs (e.g., TI OMAP 200MHz processor, EDGE [optional], and an FM radio [optional], among others), though take it all with a grain of salt.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 AM
captain1701
Neophyte

Is the today screen on the picture an anhancement or is it build in the Windows Mobile 5 operating system?

Old 06-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain1701
Is the today screen on the picture an anhancement or is it build in the Windows Mobile 5 operating system?
It's a concept image that was used when Windows Mobile 5.0 was first announced. It's not built into the OS itself. Pity, though, because it looks so good. 8)

Old 06-27-2006, 01:48 PM
DaViD_BRaNDoN
Intellectual

Wow... The orange theme is really looking sleek. Anyone care to make it for WM5?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:23 PM
capo
Ponderer
Default orange theme

*grin* I was going to post and ask about availability of a similar theme but felt silly asking. Now that I see I'm not alone, I feel better. :-) Why are 90% of the Today screen themes blue anyway? Juni and others do such nice work - how about some different color options?