Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Vsnotepad 1.5 Released

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&productId=187811

"The concept of Vsnotepad is to note, change pages and view your notes like a true notepad. Easy to use, powerful and complete. VSnotepad is adapted to the professional or personal situations."

New features in 1.5 include:

� Calculator : A really unique and usefull tool. Draw/note and calculate simultaneous in a fast way.
� Color selection windows : Choose your colors with the new color selector window.
� Current Time
� Less loading time.
� New interface design.

There is a trial or you can buy it from the affiliate link above for $14.95. It requires 3MB to install and appears to work with all Pocket PC 2002, 2003, 2003SE and WM5 devices. It supports VGA screens as well.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:01 PM
SHC
Intellectual

It looks very nice. I can't get it to work however. It just hangs my device. You say it requires 3MB but the download is 346kb?

Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Lex
Sage

Isn't the ledger line supposed to be on the left? :lol:

Old 06-21-2006, 10:34 PM
applejosh
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
Isn't the ledger line supposed to be on the left? :lol:
Oh picky picky.

(Sad thing is I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but yes, the ledger line is on the wrong side, unless you're looking in a mirror or are on Bizarro world or something.)

Old 06-22-2006, 12:12 AM
bbarker
Philosopher

The product seems attractive, but if the ledger line really is on the right I'd question the quality control.

I'm running 2003SE. Would the required 3MB use my RAM or could I install that to ROM? How much RAM would it take when running?

Old 06-22-2006, 12:22 PM
sixftunda
Pupil

It looks like something I have been looking for but it hangs up on my i-730

Old 06-22-2006, 02:49 PM
ljclark
Pupil
Default Uhhh

Kinda cute...Works OK on my IPAQ 4700.

That right side ledger line thing is creepy. Why?

So, just like a real notepad you end up with page after page of notes that you can't do any thing with. I may be getting more utility out of my little Rhodia paper notebook.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:50 PM
ljclark
Pupil
Default The envelope please...

After thinking about it for a couple more minutes...

...UNINSTALL

Old 06-22-2006, 03:01 PM
warptime
Pupil

I tried to load it on my Sprint PPC-6700 yesterday and it kept saying it could not install the cab file. I reset the device, tried a different download, etc., etc. with no luck. This morning I tried it again so I could list the error message. installed just fine. Seems to work ok, though i am not seeing the ability to save multiple files. May be I just need to read the directions (wutta concept!)...

I used to use PPCPad (got it on a PPCT special deal - Thanks Jason!) but they have not updated it for WM5 last I checked. Phatpad is nice but rather spendy, so am looking still.

FWIW!

Old 06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Zagleft1
Pupil

In all fairness, if you're a guy that needs to draw a map from the office to his home that is located at the same intersection, the location of the ledger line is the least of your worries.... :twisted: