Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default phoneAlarm Lite Released

http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarmLite.htm

"phoneAlarm Lite is a Today screen plugin - giving you total control over your Pocket PC Phone. Never miss an important call, SMS or Email again. Automatically switch profiles and quickly access Inbox, call history and control the state of Bluetooth directly from the Today screen. Optimised for one-handed and in-car use."

phoneAlarm Lite is a, er... lighter version of the famed phoneAlarm Today plug-in. Check out the comparison chart to learn the differences. With a price difference of �2, you have to wonder if the Lite version is even worthy of consideration, especially since there's no upgrade offer if you choose to jump to the full phoneAlarm version later on. What do you think?

Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
mwfielder
Ponderer

I've used PhoneAlarm since it was in early beta (alpha?) stages, and consider it a true "killer app" for my pdaphone. I have the full version, which has a ton of features. Many people asked for a "lite" version, with a smaller footprint and one-handed use. Bruce, always willing to listen, obliged with this version.

I agree that there are not many differences, and I only really use the options available in lite. One thing is that some people have trouble with the full version on their device (many of the i730 owners who (ahem :wink: ) upgraded to WM5 have had issues with the full version) and have done better with the lite. I have an i730 with 2003SE, and the full version runs great for me.

I love this program and highly recommend it to anyone. You do have to take the time to play with the settings, but once you get it where you want it--you won't be able to live without it.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:04 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Hmm... There are features that the lite version has, yet the full version does not have. That's a twist.