Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 03-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Clinton Fitch Reviews Tweaks2k2 .NET

http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews...2k2/default.asp

"Like any Personal Computer, most Windows Mobile users like to customize their device to better fit their personal needs. While most of these can be done via the settings within Windows Mobile itself, some are not. Some of these are buried within the Registry of your device, a place that is not recommended for the faint-of-heart or those who are not familiar with how the Registry functions. Simply put, one wrong move within the Registry of your device can leave your device inoperable... Seeing a desire for users to customize their devices but without having to have detailed knowledge of the Registry, Frank Garcia created Tweaks2K2 .Net. Tweaks2K2 allows you to make over 100 different tweaks and changes to your device to make it suit your needs more. The range of tweaks that are available is impressive and reach into the User Interface, Pocket Internet Explorer, and system functions. Within Tweaks2K2 you can also check memory and battery levels as well as perform soft and hard resets of your device."

Clinton Fitch has posted a nice review of Tweaks2k2 .NET on his site, and it provides an excellent overview of this application. I remember when Tweaks2k2 .NET was released, and after seeing it's maturation, I agree with Clinton's sentiment that Tweaks2k2 .NET is an essential app. Why doesn't it make all the essentials lists - probably because of the beauty of it - run it once, customize as you'd like, and make periodic tweaks as your workflow changes. It's not the most used app on my device, just one of the most relied on!

Old 03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
ctitanic
Oracle
Default Re: Clinton Fitch Reviews Tweaks2k2 .NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Westfall
I remember when Tweaks2k2 .NET was released...
4 Years ago! And still here with more and more tricks! :devilboy:

Quote:
Why doesn't it make all the essentials lists - probably because of the beauty of it - run it once, customize as you'd like, and make periodic tweaks as your workflow changes. It's not the most used app on my device, just one of the most relied on!
Thanks Jon! ops:

Old 03-30-2006, 04:47 PM
pocketpcadmirer
Sage

I currently own both versions ie PPC AND PC. I must say its the first app that I install on my ppc. You get the device dance to your tunes, just exactly what you wanted without digging into the registry

Sunny

Old 03-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

The reason this app doesn't get the respect it deserves it that's it's so useful that once you use it once and tweak everything the way you like it, you don't need it much anymore.

A must-have app for anyone with a PPC, and one I'm proud to have supported the writer by buying. If it were left to tweaking the registry, I would never make changes, but with T2k2.net, I have no problem tweaking the hell out of ****.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:15 AM
k_kirk
Intellectual

Hi, I have a HTC Universal and occasionally need to force it to QVGA resolution since some older apps that I have don't play nice with VGA resolution. Can this application help with this need?

Old 03-31-2006, 03:21 AM
ctitanic
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_kirk
Hi, I have a HTC Universal and occasionally need to force it to QVGA resolution since some older apps that I have don't play nice with VGA resolution. Can this application help with this need?
I don't think that that is possible, Sir.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:58 AM
k_kirk
Intellectual

Thanks for clearing the air on this one!

Old 03-31-2006, 05:33 AM
juni
Sage

Just realized how essential it is after upgrading to WM5 on my hx4700. I was already wondering how I could modify the softkeys and there it was...softkey tweaks.

I also use the "turning of wifi" led feature daily.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
ctitanic
Oracle

Thanks guy! I do not have words to show my appreciation to all of you supporting me all these years! Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Disco Stu
Neophyte

I'm perfectly happy to pay for whatever versions are necessary for the various platforms. Although I'm perfectly capable of following instructions, the registry is a foreign language to me and I'm very grateful that someone else is looking after the tweaking.

There are so many tweaks included that it is well worth your time to check the list in case something you passed over the first time is now an essential improvement to the Windows Mobile experience.